Finally, they've reached an agreement. Moments before the start of the training camp, the Lions front office announced the team had tabled negotiations on a contract extension with All-Pro defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.
Car, truck and motorcycle owners and used vehicle shoppers soon will be able to submit VIN numbers online at a government website — and at the sites of all major automakers — to find out immediately if vehicles have any unrepaired recalls.
Fifteen seconds can separate a good doctor from an excellent one. That’s one of the lessons students glean at the 3-year-old Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine in their first week.
At the Big Ten's Media Days at the Chicago Hilton, there was no question who the Big Ten champion was last season. The contingent from Michigan State proudly displayed its reward after last year's conference title and Rose Bowl victory.
- Michigan Wolverines: Michigan's Devin Gardner: I'll make sure Brady Hoke isn't on hot seat
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Inconsistent hitting has cost Tigers since the All-Star break
- Detroit Lions - NFL: Lions' Matthew Stafford embraces challenge of learning new offense
- Detroit Lions - NFL: Minor thumb injury sends Lions linebacker Kyle Van Noy to sidelines
- Big Ten Conference: Commissioner Jim Delany says Big Ten needs enforcement system that works
- Michigan Wolverines: Devin Gardner improves practice habits with tips from Tom Brady, Peyton Manning
While community gardens are everywhere, Forgottten Harvest Farms is different: It's a professional farm, designed to produce at high yields to ensure a reliable supply of
Six months after stepping aside as General Motors Co.'s fourth CEO in five years and leaving his successor with a searing recall crisis, Dan Akerson tells The Detroit News
Even when you're old enough to live in a retirement community, it turns out, there's peer pressure. At least at Fox Run, nobody is leaning on you to skip school. The pressure
While community gardens are everywhere, Forgottten Harvest Farms is different: It's a professional farm, designed to produce at high yields to ensure
With construction underway on the much-delayed M-1 rail project, organizers believe that once streetcars are moving up and down Woodward in two years
Six months after stepping aside as General Motors Co.'s fourth CEO in five years and leaving his successor with a searing recall crisis, Dan Akerson
Gaza City, Gaza Strip — Signaling an escalation of Israel's Gaza operation, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told Israelis Monday to be ready for a
Detroit — The chief judge of the 3rd Circuit Court had harsh words Monday for Wayne County executive candidate Phil Cavanagh and his attorney as he dismissed a lawsuit challenging the residency of Warren Evans, one of his opponents.
Voters in Mount Clemens must decide Aug. 5 whether to approve a hefty 5-mill tax increase that officials say is necessary to maintain current services. It's too much to ask of taxpayers.
Detroit filmmaker and artist Nicole Macdonald has created a series of enormous paintings of Detroit heroes past and present, and several artists are
Even when you're old enough to live in a retirement community, it turns out, there's peer pressure. At least at Fox Run, nobody is leaning on you to
- Lions take calculated risk that Ndamukong Suh will stay put
- Coast Guard to continue attempts to right grounded freighter on Lake St. Clair
- Tigers should not pay any price in mission to win now
- Minor thumb injury sends Lions linebacker Kyle Van Noy to sidelines
- Lions' decision to cut Chris Houston didn't come down to last minute
- Michigan's Devin Gardner: I'll make sure Brady Hoke isn't on hot seat
- Amid scrutiny, Dave Brandon motivated by Michigan's 'unfinished business'
- 'Little brother' comment still irks Michigan State, Connor Cook says
- Lions' Jim Caldwell era starts with a fast pace at practice
- Brother charged with murdering woman who was strangled, stabbed
- Inconsistent hitting has cost Tigers since the All-Star break
- Lions close down negotiations with Ndamukong Suh until after season
Top Video Picks
In the Blogs
Larry Edsall: PLYMOUTH — Concours d’Elegance are fancy-schmancy schmoozefests started in the 1600s by French aristocrats so they had an excuse to show off their finest carriages. Of course, then came la...
Lauren Anne Cavanagh: I lived in downtown Detroit for six years. I first lived in the city with a significant other who owned a townhome in Lafayette Park. I then rented a unit...
Sandra Silfven: You may have to be a detective to find one of these wines, but the rest are out there in plain sight.
Dan Calabrese: There are sensible ways to determine wage levels. Then there are idiotic ways to do it. Continue inÂ this direction, way to the furthest conceivable expanses of the insanity spectrum, and...
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.