General Motors Co. for years collected dozens of warning signs from customers and employees about problems with Chevrolet Cobalts and Saturn Ions related to engines stalling and ignition switches moving to 'accessory' or 'off' while driving, according to hundreds of pages of depositions reviewed by The Detroit News.
Authorities are reportedly on the scene of a shooting at an apartment complex that has prompted a search for a gunman.
A Dexter cancer patient featured in a conservative group's TV ad campaign denouncing her new health care coverage as 'unaffordable' will save more than $1,000 this year under the plan, The Detroit News has learned.
Last year the Lions signed safety Glover Quin, running back Reggie Bush and defensive end Jason Jones within the first 24 hours of free agency. They'll likely be chasing a similar haul this year, though it might not happen quite as fast.
The Wolverines added to their accolades as John Beilein earned top coaching honors from the media (Nebraska’s Tim Miles was named coach of the year by the coaches) and Nik Stauskas was named Big Ten player of the year by the coaches and media.
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Tigers' 2013 draft pick Corey Knebel might be on fast track to majors
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Tigers starter Max Scherzer is mixing more curveballs into his routine
- Detroit Lions - NFL: Martha Ford takes over Lions legacy from husband
- Michigan State Spartans: Michigan State's Izzo looking forward to 'fresh start' in Big Ten tourney
- Terry Foster: Red Wings retaining playoff hopes despite their many injuries
- Detroit Pistons - NBA: Interim Pistons coach John Loyer faces long odds in audition for top job
Arcade Fire was not only the headlining entertainment at the Palace of Auburn Hills Monday, they were also the evening's mood directors. And from start to finish, the band
Thursday will be March 13, as in 3/13, which makes it the ideal day to hear and say uplifting things about the 313 in the 313's 313th year. For $31.30.
In a town full of big dogs, William Clay Ford Sr. was just about as big as they could get.
- Kurt Mensching: Trading Rick Porcello wouldn't make any sense for Tigers now
- Bob Wojnowski: For 50 years, Lions owner William Clay Ford kept the faith
- Neal Rubin: Finding a name for those annoying chunks of snow behind your tires
- Brian J. O’Connor: Frequent fliers: The trick for free air trips is buy, don't fly
Detroit — A city firefighter escaped with only minor injuries Tuesday morning after falling through a floor while battling a suspicious blaze on the
Michigan is shifting to market itself as a tourism destination across the globe as the state expects a fifth straight year of travel spending growth,
Toledo, Ohio — Chrysler plans to hire up to 1,000 part-time employees to give exhausted full-time workers a break at its Toledo Jeep assembly plant.
A man traveling with a stolen passport on a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner was an Iranian teenager trying to migrate to Germany, and is not
Obama joked today with comedian Zach Galifianakis, including poking fun at the poorly reviewed 'Hangover Part III' during an interview on the website
William Clay Ford was the last member of his generation of the family that made Detroit the automaking capitol of the world.
Because Berry Gordy learned how to produce and mix there, and recorded his earliest sessions at United Sound Systems, it has an integral role in the
Thursday will be March 13, as in 3/13, which makes it the ideal day to hear and say uplifting things about the 313 in the 313's 313th year. For $31.
Latest Headlines Updated Mar 11, 2014 at 8:59 am
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die 8:59 am
- Ohio Jeep plant hiring part-time workers8:50 am
- New York college students charged after dog's beer photo8:42 am
- Friend: Oscar Pistorius shot gun out of car and at cafe8:35 am
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 718:34 am
- Detroit firefighter falls through floor while battling blaze on east side8:33 am
- New Anne Rice vampire book coming in October8:24 am
- Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race8:20 am
- Florida teens held in throat-slashing attack on mother8:11 am
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple who call 9118:03 am
- Justin Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case7:33 am
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees7:31 am
- Who will Lions get in free agency? Here are leading contenders
- Dexter cancer patient who called health care 'unaffordable' will save more than $1K
- Tigers' 2013 draft pick Corey Knebel might be on fast track to majors
- Depositions cite warning signs in GM ignition switch recall
- Say it ain't snow: Metro Detroit could get up to 7 inches
- Martha Ford takes over Lions legacy from husband
- Michigan's John Beilein, Nik Stauskas earn Big Ten honors
- 'Hot Jesus': Depictions of Christ may vary, but on film, he's a hunk
- Michigan State's Izzo looking forward to 'fresh start' in Big Ten tourney
- Cargo could be key to lifting Detroit airport traffic
- Man with stolen passport on missing Malaysia jet was asylum seeker
- Red Wings retaining playoff hopes despite their many injuries
Top Video Picks
In the Blogs
Susan R. Pollack There are moments during every trip when I wish I had more time to stop and smell the proverbial roses. This happened again recently while I was on a group...
Jason Vines As one of the original bloggers on this site, which was first begun by Henry Payne as The Michigan View, I have yet to comment on a fellow blogger’s work,...
Sandra Silfven Experience a Pinot with magic, a Spanish gem and learn more about Elie Boudt's move to Birmingham.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.