These are transitional times for the grease-painted duo, whose circus of a career stretches 20-plus years. Feeling the pinch of depleted record sales, the group has undergone a reorganization of its business, recently cutting two-thirds of its staff at its Farmington Hills-based record company, Psychopathic Records. 'We're trying to turn over a fresh leaf, man,' says Joseph 'Violent J' Bruce, his voice a mix of weariness and optimism. 'Hopefully some freshness comes out of it.'
The city's General Retirement System could vote as early as today on endorsing a bankruptcy settlement that would mean smaller cuts for pensioners and the elimination of an annual cost-of-living adjustment.
Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer have combined to win 106 games and three AL Cy Young awards the past three seasons. They've led the Tigers to three consecutive AL Central Division titles.
- John Niyo: Smith brothers take family feud out of the basement for Red Wings-Bruins series
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Former Tigers struggling in new locales
- Michigan State Spartans: Michigan State DL Lawrence Thomas aims at playing up to expectations
- Michigan Wolverines: Michigan's Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III declare: 'We're ready for NBA'
- Tony Paul: Tigers Mailbag: Were Tigers foolish not to make qualifying offers to Jhonny Peralta, Joaquin Benoit?
- Lynn Henning: Free-agency questions loom for Tigers
Confirmation Tuesday that leaders of Detroit's retired police and firefighters will accept the city's latest offer on their claim — highlighted by no cuts to pensions and
Marney Rich Keenan
Two weeks ago, Katey Meisner of Highland went door to door handing out blue light bulbs and asking her neighbors to light up their front porch in honor of the annual United
The Detroit River space has a straightforward American menu, a friendly welcome and the kind of comfortably unpretentious atmosphere that comes with a family-run restaurant.
Detroit — Police are asking for the public's help in the search for a 15-year-old girl who's been missing since Tuesday morning.
The Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition, modeled on the Mustang GT fastback, will be limited to 1,964 and will come with nearly every available option.
A majority of downtown Detroit property owners have agreed to create a $4 million annual fund to provide supplemental litter clean up, landscaping improvements and new 'hospitality ambassadors' in the central business district.
A multi-story ferry carrying 462 people, mostly high school students on an overnight trip to a tourist island, sank off South Korea's southern coast
Advocates say it's a major step in higher education to increase options for students, but add they are still lobbying lawmakers to allow community
Cincinnati — A federal judge has put on hold the majority of what attorneys have called a 'momentous' change to Ohio's gay marriage law.
The 'American Idol' summer tour, for many years an arena destination in Detroit, is skipping the Metro Detroit market this year.
Two weeks ago, Katey Meisner of Highland went door to door handing out blue light bulbs and asking her neighbors to light up their front porch in
Latest Headlines Updated Apr 16, 2014 at 11:58 am
- Teen arrested after high-speed chase through Mount Clemens 11:58 am
- 'American Idol' tour will skip Metro Detroit in favor of Windsor11:56 am
- Official: Killer of Michigan state trooper remains hospitalized11:46 am
- Detroit police looking for missing man, 5711:45 am
- Maritime Days festival in Marine City being scaled back this year11:42 am
- Judge stays most of Ohio gay marriage ruling11:40 am
- Livingston County jail must allow mail from ACLU11:38 am
- Hyundai unveils '15 Sonata11:37 am
- Chrysler set to mark Indiana factory's opening11:24 am
- Man charged with Boston Marathon hoax due in court; has bipolar disorder, mom says11:17 am
- VW hopes to make mid-size SUV decision 'soon'11:06 am
- Death toll in Washington mudslide rises to 3910:59 am
- Special Mustang marks 50th anniversary
- Toyota unveils 2015 Camry with 'athletic' exterior
- FBI uses Michigan case to warn students on foreign spying
- Former Tigers struggling in new locales
- Insane Clown Posse attempts to change image, musical footing after FBI probe
- Detroit student protests U-M admission denial, argues school needs more diversity
- Lions looking for 'high motor' guys, closers in draft
- Chrysler debuts subcompact Jeep Renegade
- Free-agency questions loom for Tigers
- GM to ask bankruptcy court for lawsuit protection
- Detroit reaches tentative deal with pension funds
- Smith brothers take family feud out of the basement for Red Wings-Bruins series
In the Blogs
Darren Littell Last week marked yet another hiccup for Democrats as the head of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius, resigned from her post not only as Secretary but also as the...
Sandra Silfven We know the wines of Chile and Argentina. Now prepare your palate for these delicious flavors from Uruguay.
Nolan Finley Gov. Rick Snyder’s reelection campaign is talking up a recent interview by veteran Lansing reporter Tim Skubick with the Democratic challenger Mark Schauer. And well it should. It exposes Schauer’s...
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.