A woman living tax-free in a city-owned house drove up in a BMW this month to find eight police officers, two utility workers and an attorney in the front yard.
The Tigers not only suffered a bad defeat Tuesday night at Chase Field, they dumped at least a full day of managerial second-guesses on manager Brad Ausmus after Detroit lost, 5-4, to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Despite two lackluster seasons statistically, the Lions' strength on defense will again be up front, and as new coordinator Teryl Austin installs his new scheme, increased blitzes could lead to improves stats.
As he enters his 20th season, Mannie has become a leader in his field and now runs an entire department, one that includes far more than a GA nobody could ever find. A staff of six work full time for Mannie, three on football. He also has a graduate assistant and two interns.
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Tigers' loss to Diamondbacks again highlights need for bullpen help
- Michigan State Spartans: Spartans snubbed on ESPN ranking of top defenses in college football
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Return to leadoff spot seems to agree with Tigers' Austin Jackson
- Tony Paul: Experts weight value of Tigers going after Jonathan Papelbon
- Detroit Lions - NFL: Lions rookie Eric Ebron: I don't want to let Michigan down
- Detroit Pistons - NBA: Pistons not currently evaluating possibility of moving downtown
Lucy Carnaghi and Molly Mitchell quietly opened the doors of their 30-seat diner, Rose's Fine Food barely two weeks ago, and immediately the swivel stools at the counter and
Steve Spreitzer is not a cynic or a screamer. He believes we can overcome. He believes we can all get along — and perhaps one day will.
When any player seemingly comes out of nowhere and finds a fair amount of success, you're left wondering just how long he can keep it up and when he might turn back into a
After she heard the city will celebrate its 313th birthday this week, 6-year-old Anna Panek said: 'That's older than my dad.'
The regional bus service SMART is asking voters for a tax increase in three counties and warns that if the millage fails, so does the entire system.
Plans advanced Tuesday to raze a Woodward Avenue building in Midtown commonly called the 'Hammer and Nail' because of its neon signs showing a hammer
Two military aircraft carrying the first bodies of victims of the Malaysia Airlines crash left the embattled plains of eastern Ukraine Wednesday, and
Michigan has strong working relationships with several foreign countries — Italy, Germany and Mexico among them — because of the strength of its
Daimler AG's plan to restore its Mercedes-Benz brand to the top of the luxury-car market gained traction in the second quarter as surging deliveries of the flagship S-Class sedan propelled a jump in profitability.
It's a parade of birthdays! And helping pump up the celebrations will be 313 butterflies, a T-shirt contest, outdoor movies, food, drink, tons of
James Glasson's serene photo of sailboats at sunset advances to the finals of The Detroit News' Celebrate Michigan Photo Contest.
Latest Headlines Updated Jul 23, 2014 at 9:34 am
- Report: Plane crashes in Taiwan, killing 51 people 9:34 am
- 4-day Comic Con festival kicks off in San Diego9:20 am
- Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP cooperation9:15 am
- Veteran says he was forgotten in Florida VA clinic8:59 am
- Kennedy cousin Skakel seeks to suppress evidence8:57 am
- Delta 2Q profit rises 17%8:54 am
- Detroit man found dead on Redford Twp. street8:42 am
- Man faces arraignment in slaying of Inkster girl, 28:36 am
- Coroner: Heroin overdose killed Peaches Geldof8:24 am
- Black leaders worry about low voter turnout in November8:19 am
- Family to mark anniversary of UM student's death8:08 am
- Dow Chemical 2Q profit drops, revenue rises8:06 am
- Detroit Land Bank's dilemma: How to handle squatters in foreclosed homes
- Tigers bullpen lets one slip away in loss to Diamondbacks
- Lions training camp position previews: Defensive line
- Tigers' loss to Diamondbacks again highlights need for bullpen help
- Divorce case exposes bickering between Michael Moore, wife
- Democratic Party releases footage it says came from Mich. GOP 'spies' targeting candidates
- Unpretentious Rose's Fine Food offers diner fare with unique flair
- Experts weight value of Tigers going after Jonathan Papelbon
- Michigan State conditioning coach Ken Mannie keeps players strong for long run
- Bond insurers grow 'more isolated' in opposition to Detroit's 'grand bargain'
- Spartans snubbed on ESPN ranking of top defenses in college football
- $8M in tax credits approved for Midtown development
In the Blogs
Michael Happy: Seven years ago — almost to the day — I went home, only to find my childhood field of dreams, Fletcher Field, in ruins. The grass, once manicured and emerald...
Darren Littell: I was puzzled, along with many others, when Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren endorsed Gary Peters and decided to stump for him based on their polar opposite views of Wall Street....
Sandra Silfven: The famous beachfront town will buzz with activities and special guests to celebrate the flavors and diversity of Riesling wines.
Jenny King: BIRMINGHAM, Mich. — Pasteiner’s/Auto Zone Hobbies, a purveyor of automotive books and periodicals, models and graphics here on North Woodward Avenue, has become a regular year-around weekend stop for car...
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.