Lions president Tom Lewand on Monday said contract negotiations with star defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh will be tabled until after the season.
A 23-year-old Dearborn man accused of killing his sister in his home was arraigned today in the city's 19th District Court.
The prosecution presented five witnesses today, which included a neighbor of Theodore Wafer, in its strategy to prove its case against the 55-year-old Dearborn Heights homeowner charged in the shooting death of 19-year-old Detroiter Renisha McBride.
Dave Brandon took over Michigan athletics during one of the most-tumultuous times in school history. More than four years later, the noise has abated a bit, but it never, ever stops.
- John Niyo: Accountability will be the Lions' mantra this season
- Detroit Lions - NFL: After playing at 320 last season, Nick Fairley's new weight of 305 OK by Lions
- Detroit Lions - NFL: Lions training camp position previews: Quarterbacks and special teams
- Detroit Red Wings - NHL: Red Wings, forward Tomas Tatar agree to 3-year deal
- Big Ten Conference: Big Ten live tweets: Mark Dantonio, Brady Hoke discuss upcoming season
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Underrated Steven Moya showing he's destined for stardom
Brian J. O’Connor
The nuns at old St. Mary's taught me that there were two kinds of grace: sanctifying and actual. But I don't think Sister Theresa traveled much, or she would have known
When the driver of the moving van carrying all 15,840 pounds of your earthly possessions gets fired on his way to San Diego and abandons the trailer in some dinky town in
Wayne County has switched leaders before without changing course. If county residents want change, they'll have to break their habit of voting for familiar names.
Organizers of the M-1 Rail streetcar lauded the start of construction as a 'new day' for the city and region despite coming traffic delays and road
Former General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson says the automaker's recent ignition switch recall crisis shows that problems with GM's corporate
Lansing — Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is hiring a top Michigan Republican political strategist to help steer his national political action committee — the
Madonna may have made the biggest splash in July, but in the year since the city filed for bankruptcy there’s been a surge of celebrity money and
Gaza City, Gaza Strip — Israel's prime minister warned Monday that the country faced a prolonged campaign against Hamas in the Gaza Strip, as the
New York — Red Lobster wants to be seen as a purveyor of quality seafood, so it's getting rid of some of its promotional discounts and stacking the
Residents across Wayne County are being asked to approve a 2-mill tax increase for schools countywide. The measure on the Aug. 5 ballot would translate into an additional $379 per-student for six years, and schools could use the money however they'd like.
Like other Muslims in Metro Detroit, Irfan Sheikh spent the holy month of Ramadan striving to reach spiritual heights.
Latest Headlines Updated Jul 28, 2014 at 4:09 pm
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer 'a little disappointed' by offensive line's spring performance 4:09 pm
- Survey: U.S. gas prices fall 9 cents to $3.583:40 pm
- GM adding Powermat smartphone charging in the 2015 Cadillac ATS, Cadillac ATS Coupe3:37 pm
- Dollar Tree steps up fight, buys Family Dollar3:32 pm
- House bill lets airlines advertise pre-tax fares3:28 pm
- Israeli PM warns of prolonged campaign in Gaza war3:25 pm
- U.S. fuming over Israeli criticism of Kerry3:12 pm
- Roseville congregation plans to rebuild after 'devastating' church fire3:03 pm
- Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio: Spartans ready to handle success3:01 pm
- Lions can 'hit the ground running' with new coach Jim Caldwell's format2:52 pm
- Suspect dead, 2 marshals and cop wounded in New York City2:49 pm
- Jurors get case of Eastern Michigan player slaying2:34 pm
- Authorities: Brother strangled, stabbed sister at Dearborn home
- Michigan's Devin Gardner: I'll make sure Brady Hoke isn't on hot seat
- Live tweets: McBride's speech was slurred before death, friend testifies
- Amid heavy scrutiny, Dave Brandon motivated by Michigan's 'unfinished business'
- Ford's aluminum-body 2015 F-150s to cost more than previous models
- Underrated Steven Moya showing he's destined for stardom
- M-1 Rail construction begins 'new day' in Detroit
- Red Lobster tries acting like a fancier restaurant
- Red Wings, forward Tomas Tatar agree to 3-year deal
- Orr temporarily withdraws proposal to transfer property for new bridge
- Brady Hoke on Michigan freshman Jabrill Peppers: 'Let's see what he can do'
- Detroit becomes cause cÃ©lÃ¨bre as city moves toward recovery
In the Blogs
Lauren Anne Cavanagh: I lived in downtown Detroit for 6 years. I first lived in the city with a significant other who owned a townhome in Lafayette Park. I then rented a unit...
Sandra Silfven: You may have to be a detective to find one of these wines, but the rest are out there in plain sight.
Dan Calabrese: There are sensible ways to determine wage levels. Then there are idiotic ways to do it. Continue inÂ this direction, way to the furthest conceivable expanses of the insanity spectrum, and...
Eric Henrickson: It’s summer, so the kids are probably in the middle of their school reading lists (or should be). If they’re balking at “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer” (as good as...
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.