Carleton — Utility officials are investigating the death of a lineman who was electrocuted in Monroe County after coming in contact with a power line.
The Monroe News reports 54-year-old George W. Ward of Wyandotte was burned over much of his body while preparing to work on a transformer June 14 in Carleton, about 25 miles southwest of Detroit, and died two days later.
DTE Energy Co. spokesman Alejandro Bodipo-Memba says Ward’s death is a “tragic situation.”
The sheriff’s department says live wires appeared to be down at the time.
Patty Gore says her brother was employed as a lineman for the City of Wyandotte prior to joining Detroit-based DTE and was an experienced and careful worker. Ward is survived by two adult children, a granddaughter, his mother and another sister.