Detroit The third version of Detroit's debt-cutting plan filed Wednesday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court contains details about less severe cuts to pensions than Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr previously proposed. - 8:23 PM
In New York on Wednesday, Ford unveiled a special edition Mustang to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Ford executive chairman Bill Ford Jr. called the Mustang 'the heart and soul' of Ford.
Cathy Weir, happy that her son Dan Sims, 22, was in recovery for heroin abuse, was searching the web for what to do next when she discovered Families Against Narcotics, a support group for families dealing with addiction.
Michigan's jobless rate during March dropped by another two-tenths of a percentage point, sinking to 7.5 percent and marking the seventh straight monthly decline in the state unemployment rate.
Whoever said Comerica Park would freeze over before the Indians won there again was almost right. It nearly froze over before anyone won again. With the scoreboard thermometer reading 36 when the game ended, the Indians hung on for a 3-2 victory on Wednesday night over the Tigers.
- Terry Foster: 'Bad Boys' documentary captures magical era
- Michigan State Spartans: MSU's Darqueze Dennard is No. 1 corner in draft, DB guru Edwards says
- Detroit Lions - NFL: Potential No. 1 pick Jadeveon Clowney visits with Lions
- Lynn Henning: Tigers' Brad Ausmus uses few words to put his stamp on team's culture
- Michigan Wolverines: Michigan's Caris LeVert pondered entering NBA draft
- Detroit Pistons - NBA: Pistons close curtain on disastrous season with gallant effort in loss
In the basement of their family's home in Mimico, Ont., Brendan and Reilly Smith staged some epic Stanley Cup Playoff series as kids, with the help of their older brother
Consider the Tigers and a handful of luminaries who will reach free agency either this autumn or 18 months from now: Victor Martinez, Austin Jackson, Rick Porcello and Alex
Confirmation Tuesday that leaders of Detroit's retired police and firefighters will accept the city's latest offer on their claim highlighted by no cuts to pensions and
- Marney Rich Keenan: Mother of autistic toddler finds neighborhood support as she works on early treatment
- Molly Abraham: After 65 years of serving food, Sindbad's knows what works
- John Niyo: Emotions run high as Detroit-area runner preps for Boston Marathon
- Lynn Henning: Trouble rearing ugly head for first-place Tigers
The White House and the city are in talks in recent days to free up to $100M in federal blight funding that could indirectly soften the blow of
Aretha Franklin says she's filing a $10 million lawsuit against the News Nerd over the 'satirical' story the website posted about a supposed fight
A majority of downtown Detroit property owners have agreed to create a $4 million annual fund to provide supplemental litter clean up, landscaping improvements and new 'hospitality ambassadors' in the central business district.
Acura on Tuesday unveiled an all-new version of its TLX luxury sedan at the New York International Auto Show.
A multi-story ferry carrying 462 people, mostly high school students on an overnight trip to a tourist island, sank off South Korea's southern coast
The University of Michigan says it's working to boost black enrollment, which has dropped to 4.7 percent since state residents voted to ban consideration of race in admissions.
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson will visit Michigan in the coming weeks to talk about proposed customs plazas at high-volume trade crossings
Two weeks ago, Katey Meisner of Highland went door to door handing out blue light bulbs and asking her neighbors to light up their front porch in
Latest Headlines Updated Apr 16, 2014 at 11:44 pm
- Woman sentenced in death of infant daughter 11:44 pm
- Detroit News wins 18 honors from SPJ, including its top award for reporter Snell11:36 pm
- Postponements make it difficult for Tigers players to get into rhythm11:33 pm
- Hyundai seeks style points for '15 Sonata10:28 pm
- Bracelets, T-shirts honor 'Princess Lacey'; all proceeds go to MSU super fan's family9:51 pm
- Pistons' Greg Monroe wonders what future holds9:15 pm
- Michigan basketball team honored for season's achievements at banquet8:51 pm
- Rising rivers flood homes, close roads8:46 pm
- Study examines deaths of Great Lakes trout that eat alewife8:44 pm
- Pontiac moves toward return to local control7:40 pm
- Bucks owner Herb Kohl reaches deal to sell team7:11 pm
- Wednesday's Tigers-Indians lineups: Anibal Sanchez ready to go after one-day delay7:02 pm
- Toyota unveils 2015 Camry with 'athletic' exterior
- Ford celebrates Mustang's 50th anniversary on top of Empire State Building
- New Michigan football radio team will be 'very familiar' to U-M fans
- Detroit student protests U-M admission denial, argues school needs more diversity
- Special Mustang marks 50th anniversary
- Detroit's new debt-cutting plan reduces pension cuts, reflects frantic pace of negotiations
- Former Tigers struggling in new locales
- Former Pistons star Grant Hill not interested in team's GM job now
- Insane Clown Posse attempts to change image after FBI probe
- Lions looking for 'high motor' guys, closers in draft
- Dave Brandon explains Michigan's silence on Brendan Gibbons case
- MSU's Darqueze Dennard is No. 1 corner in draft, DB guru Edwards says
In the Blogs
Greg Tasker Howler monkeys whoop it up somewhere high in the surrounding trees, their loud barks piercing the still night. Nearby, a jaguar roars, its chesty cough adding to the eeriness of...
Bob Dluzen Many years, I don’t even bother planting peas. Β More often than not, Β the spring weather around here is just too warm to grow much of a crop. Peas need cool...
Bob Dluzen For many years, I started seeds without using a seedling heat mat.There never seemed to be any problems doing it that way as long as I was able to find...
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.