The Detroit News asked for your photo submissions for our eighth annual Celebrate Michigan Photo Contest, and you responded with shots that reflected everything under the sun, and especially everything under the sunset.
Passenger traffic has been flat at Detroit Metropolitan Airport for several years, but at least 10 new nonstop routes offered by low-cost airlines with more possibly headed for the skies could break that trend.
It's a new day for Caldwell, and Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, too. The Lions hired Caldwell in part because of his decade of experience working with Peyton Manning in Indianapolis. If Caldwell can improve Stafford's game, the team's potential will grow exponentially.
State education officials are investigating why the Education Achievement Authority sent letters to families in Oakland County stating their child was 'selected' to be enrolled in an EAA school in Detroit.
2014 NFL preview
Lions beat writer Josh Katzenstein takes a game-by-game look at the Lions' regular-season schedule and offers up his predictions.
- Detroit Red Wings - NHL: Red Wings' Danny DeKeyser really takes to wing with Blue Angels
- Michigan State Spartans: Michigan State QB Connor Cook says he's never seen 'dirtier hit' than the one he took
- Detroit Lions - NFL: Lions' Calvin Johnson says this is the year
- Michigan Wolverines: Notre Dame QB says confidence is the difference
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Tigers' Miguel Cabrera loses hit but stays ahead by his law of averages
- Michigan Wolverines: Michigan players tune up with Notre Dame fight song blaring
Although Aahar serves dinner from an extensive menu, it is the appealing lunchtime buffet, served every day except Tuesday, that attracts a lot of attention.
This Michigan-Notre Dame rivalry game was Gardner's coming-out party a year ago, an electric peformance under the lights — 376 yards of total offense and five touchdowns. But
The dean of Big Ten university presidents is showing no signs of slowing down, stepping aside or coasting.
The Dearborn Heights homeowner convicted last month for shooting 19-year-old Renisha McBride to death last fall will learn his sentence Wednesday.
Islamic State extremists released a video Tuesday purportedly showing the beheading of a second American journalist, Steven Sotloff, and warning
Four Michiganians are among 310 nationwide who have taken advantage of a U.S. Supreme Court decision four months ago that eliminated limits on the
The circulation of nude photographs stolen from celebrities' online accounts has raised questions about the security of storing information over the
Stan Glaser's driveway used to be filled with Toyotas. Yet when it came time to trade in his old Toyota truck, he shifted loyalties to Chrysler Group
It is in the best interest of the city, pensioners, and creditors to see that the so-called 'grand bargain' — the $816 million plan to lessen pension
Although Aahar serves dinner from an extensive menu, it is the appealing lunchtime buffet, served every day except Tuesday, that attracts a lot of
Washington — Remember the polar vortex, the huge mass of Arctic air that can plunge much of the U.S. into the deep freeze? You might have to get used to it.
- Better late than never as Tigers break through in ninth to beat the Indians
- Josh Katzenstein's game-by-game Lions forecast
- Territorial passengers threatening flight safety
- Low-cost carriers could lift Detroit Metro airport
- Some fear that auto industry is returning to bad habits
- Detroit News predictions: Lions regular-season record
- Police: Man, 69, kills man, 43, in road rage incident in Genoa Twp.
- Tigers' Justin Verlander on photos: 'I keep my personal life personal'
- See the Celebrate Michigan photo contest winners
- Lions' Calvin Johnson says this is the year
- Tigers' Miguel Cabrera has hit taken away by scorekeeper
- Lions then and now: Comparing the Caldwell and Schwartz regimes
Top Video Picks
In the Blogs
Jenny King: PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. — Classic car specialists Gooding & Company call their annual Pebble Beach sale a “destination.” And for anyone attending some of the activities surrounding the 2014 Concours...
Darren Littell: For the second time this year, the Mark Schauer/Lisa Brown campaign is caught in a PR firestorm from a complaint alleging the campaign of breaking Michigan campaign finance law by...
Eric Henrickson: Just when you thought the Metro Detroit market might be saturated with genre shows, along come a few more to fill in any gaps you might have in your calendar....
Charles Owens: Established in 1894 to honor the contributions of union workers, Labor Day is now only a distant echo of the numbers it once stood for. According to the most recent...
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.