Ford said today that base prices of its aluminum-body 2015 F-150 pickup will be as much as $3,615 more on some models than the 2014 F-150s now in showrooms.
A 23-year-old Dearborn man accused of strangling and stabbing his sister at her home Saturday was charged Monday.
The prosecution presented five witnesses today, which included a neighbor of Theodore Wafer, in its strategy to prove its case against the 55-year-old Dearborn Heights homeowner charged in the shooting death of 19-year-old Detroiter Renisha McBride.
The city's emergency manager has temporarily withdrawn the proposed transfer of 301 city-owned properties to the Michigan Land Bank for the New International Trade Crossing to allow further discussions.
Dave Brandon took over Michigan athletics during one of the most-tumultuous times in school history. More than four years later, the noise has abated a bit, but it never, ever stops.
Detroit News Michigan State beat writer Matt Charboneau and Michigan football beat writer Angelique S. Chengelis are both on the scene at the Big Ten Media Days in Chicago. Check out tweets from them and others:
- John Niyo: Accountability will be the Lions' mantra this season
- Detroit Lions - NFL: After playing at 320 last season, Nick Fairley's new weight of 305 OK by Lions
- Detroit Lions - NFL: Lions training camp position previews: Quarterbacks and special teams
- Detroit Red Wings - NHL: Red Wings, forward Tomas Tatar agree to 3-year deal
- Michigan State Spartans: Spartans the 'hunted' but know sustained success can be elusive
- Detroit Tigers - MLB: Underrated Steven Moya showing he's destined for stardom
Brian J. O’Connor
The nuns at old St. Mary's taught me that there were two kinds of grace: sanctifying and actual. But I don't think Sister Theresa traveled much, or she would have known
When the driver of the moving van carrying all 15,840 pounds of your earthly possessions gets fired on his way to San Diego and abandons the trailer in some dinky town in
Wayne County has switched leaders before without changing course. If county residents want change, they'll have to break their habit of voting for familiar names.
Organizers of the M-1 Rail streetcar lauded the start of construction as a 'new day' for the city and region despite coming traffic delays and road
Former General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson says the automaker's recent ignition switch recall crisis shows that problems with GM's corporate
Lansing — Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is hiring a top Michigan Republican political strategist to help steer his national political action committee — the
Madonna may have made the biggest splash in July, but in the year since the city filed for bankruptcy there’s been a surge of celebrity money and
A strike on a Gaza park killed 10 people Monday, nine of them children, as Israeli and Palestinian authorities traded blame over the attack and
New York — Red Lobster wants to be seen as a purveyor of quality seafood, so it's getting rid of some of its promotional discounts and stacking the
Residents across Wayne County are being asked to approve a 2-mill tax increase for schools countywide. The measure on the Aug. 5 ballot would translate into an additional $379 per-student for six years, and schools could use the money however they'd like.
Like other Muslims in Metro Detroit, Irfan Sheikh spent the holy month of Ramadan striving to reach spiritual heights.
Latest Headlines Updated Jul 28, 2014 at 2:18 pm
- Trial date set in custody case for father, stepmother of found Detroit boy 2:18 pm
- U.S. court: Va. gay marriage ban unconstitutional2:16 pm
- Jurors get case of Eastern Michigan player slaying2:16 pm
- Michigan residents asked to respect rattlesnakes2:15 pm
- Illinois coach Tim Beckman: 3-way race at quarterback2:04 pm
- Brady Hoke on Michigan freshman Jabrill Peppers: 'Let's see what he can do'1:54 pm
- Red Lobster tries acting like a fancier restaurant1:52 pm
- Purdue coach Darrell Hazell: 'We've got to find out fast who our guys are'1:42 pm
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, most of them children1:29 pm
- Fist bumps less germy than handshakes, study says1:16 pm
- Papal first: Francis visits Pentecostal church1:11 pm
- Roseville congregation plans to rebuild after 'devastating' church fire1:06 pm
- Amid heavy scrutiny, Dave Brandon motivated by Michigan's 'unfinished business'
- M-1 Rail construction begins 'new day' in Detroit
- Ford reveals price of more costly aluminum-body 2015 F-150
- Police: Suspect held after woman found slain in Dearborn
- Underrated Steven Moya showing he's destined for stardom
- Live tweets: Car crash in focus at Dearborn Heights porch shooting trial
- After playing at 320 last season, Nick Fairley's new weight of 305 OK by Lions
- Detroit becomes cause cÃ©lÃ¨bre as city moves toward recovery
- Crews work to restore power after storm rips through Metro Detroit
- Akerson: 'We all' misread problems in GM's recall crisis
- Miguel Cabrera still showing strain from surgery as woeful-hitting Tigers drop third straight
- Tigers minor league report: Robbie Ray sees turnaround after switch in repertoire
In the Blogs
Lauren Anne Cavanagh: I lived in downtown Detroit for 6 years. I first lived in the city with a significant other who owned a townhome in Lafayette Park. I then rented a unit...
Sandra Silfven: You may have to be a detective to find one of these wines, but the rest are out there in plain sight.
Dan Calabrese: There are sensible ways to determine wage levels. Then there are idiotic ways to do it. Continue inÂ this direction, way to the furthest conceivable expanses of the insanity spectrum, and...
Eric Henrickson: It’s summer, so the kids are probably in the middle of their school reading lists (or should be). If they’re balking at “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer” (as good as...
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.