Tigers 8, Rays 6 (11 innings)
This was no masterpiece, this 8-6, 11-inning victory the Tigers pulled out, which arrived after one of the evening's uglier innings, the 11th, when the Tigers turned a misplayed triple, two wild pitches, and four walks into three runs that got them home with an excruciatingly difficult victory.
- Lions center Dominic Raiola says winning is all that's left
- Tigers manager Brad Ausmus can feel the heat, but he won't buckle
- Tony Paul: Tigers Mailbag: Royals breezy schedule make Tigers' task more difficult
- Tigers notebook: So far so good on Justin Verlander's shoulder, he could start for Tigers on Saturday
- ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit: 'Michigan State now is the team to beat in the Big Ten'
- Ohio State QB Braxton Miller's season-ending injury likely to have widespread effects
Jim Johnson wondered if he was part of a showdown that began Tuesday and ended Wednesday. It was a marathon, all right. Thirteen pitches. One foul
The Lions plan to give wide receiver Calvin Johnson his first playing time of the preseason Friday, and when asked about what he's looking for
Kruse is not out for the season, but the depth of the offensive line will be tested. Junior Donavon Clark will move from right tackle to right guard
If Michigan plays as well on the road next season as it has during its exhibition tour in Italy, it could be another stellar season and raise
David Goricki previews the Downriver League football season.
Steve Ballmer has introduced himself to Los Angeles Clippers fans at a rally celebrating his new ownership of the NBA team. The former Microsoft CEO
Lawyers for Todd Bertuzzi and Steve Moore are reportedly close to a negotiated financial settlement in Moore's suit against Bertuzzi and the
Carl Edwards scrolled across a stage at Joe Gibbs Racing and jokingly yelled, 'Surprise!' There was no surprise whatsoever about his formal
The swing was efficient as ever, and the ball soared toward the far end of the range with a tight draw as Hunter Mahan held his pose. And then he
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- 3 Little League World Series, South Korea vs. Japan, ESPN
- 7 L.A. Angels at Boston, ESPN2
- 7 Tampa Bay at Detroit, FSD/97.1
- 7:30 Little League World Series, Las Vegas vs. Philadelphia, ESPN
- 10 San Diego at L.A. Dodgers, ESPN
- 7 FIFA Women’s U20 World Cup, Germany vs. France, CBC
- 9 National Pro Fastpitch, Pa. vs. USSSA, CBSSN
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
Get in the Game
Celebrate the Spartans' Rose Bowl victory with a hardcover book
"Return To Roses" chronicles the thrilling Michigan State championship football season and Rose Bowl, with photos, games stories, features and columns by The Detroit News. Order yours at www.kcisports.com or call 1-800-697-3756.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.