In some ways, he's as grizzled as a 25-year-old guy can be. Rick Porcello has been around for good times, bad times, big times and small times. Half of being a pitcher is finding your way to the mound, and the other half is staying there.
Gregg Krupa: What the Red Wings knew coming into the series against the best team in the NHL during the regular season is they needed to make few mistakes, get good goaltending, retain their style of game and use their speed in order to prevail. Apparently, after accomplishing that in Game 1, they got a big reminder in Game 2.
The Red Wings earned a split in these first two games, which is probably what they would have wanted heading into this Eastern Conference playoff series. But the momentum is squarely back with the Bruins.
The Detroit News' Lynn Henning takes a look at who's hot and who's not in the Tigers' minor-league system.
The Red Wings took seven penalties (only one in Game 1), seemed intent on giving back verbally and physically at the Bruins more than necessary, and
The Detroit News' Vincent Goodwill takes a look at four possible Pistons general manager candidates who have ties to Detroit.
The stories the two share aren't about the grueling nature of playing in the trenches or the demands of their coach, Bo Schembechler. No, they talk
He picked MSU over Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA and Florida. He is ranked a four-star prospect by Rivals and a three-star by Scout.
Stafford ranked sixth among the magazine's list of the 50 top-paid athletes in the world. His listed salary of $31.5 million was topped only by Floyd
Grosse Pointe South used a strong offense and pinpoint pitching to defeat St. Clair Shores Lakeview 10-0 and 8-0 in a baseball doubleheader on Saturday afternoon.
- Jayru Campbell readmitted to Cass Tech after body slamming incident
- Thursday's high schools roundup: Country Day baseball erupts in eighth to stave off Cranbrook-Kingswood
- Wednesday's high schools roundup: Zack McGuire powers undefeated S.H. Stevenson
- Monday's prep roundup: G.P. South scores late to edge Utica Eisenhower in MAC baseball
Kuchar shot a 64 to finish at 11-under 273, one stroke ahead of Luke Donald, who had his third second place and fifth top-three finish here in the
The switch to six-cylinder turbo engines and the introduction of new fuel-saving regulations in the offseason have brought a sudden halt to Vettel's
Latest Headlines Updated Apr 21, 2014 at 1:16 am
Detroit Red Wings
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- ■11a Baltimore at Boston, MLB
- ■7 Cincinnati at Pittsburgh, ESPN
- ■7 Chicago White Sox at Detroit, FSD/97.1
- ■7 Notre Dame at Miami, ESPNU
- ■8 Memphis at Oklahoma City, TNT
- ■10:30 Golden State at L.A. Clippers, TNT
- ■7 Pittsburgh at Columbus, NBCSN, CBC
- ■7 Colorado at Minnesota, NHLN
- ■8:30 St. Louis at Chicago, CNBC, CBC
- ■9:30 Anaheim at Dallas, NBCSN, TSN
- ■2:55 Premier, West Bromwich at Manchester City, NBCSN
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
Get in the Game
Celebrate the Spartans' Rose Bowl victory with a hardcover book
"Return To Roses" chronicles the thrilling Michigan State championship football season and Rose Bowl, with photos, games stories, features and columns by The Detroit News. Order yours at www.kcisports.com or call 1-800-697-3756.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.