The only “superstar-laden” team is the NBA champion Miami Heat, a squad that finds itself in the midst of a dogfight against the balanced Indiana Pacers in the Eastern Conference finals, with the series at 1.
Dancing across a stage is nothing new for Isiah Thomas, but when he picked up his Master of Education degree from the University of California, it was the first time Thomas was able to do so in person.
With the memory of blowing a 2-0 lead a year ago in the West finals to Oklahoma City, when they lost the next four, the Spurs shook off their sloppy play early and pushed the young Grizzlies to the edge of elimination.
Roy Hibbert scored a postseason career-high 29 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, West broke up two passes by James for huge turnovers, and the Pacers evened the East title series at a game apiece with a 97-93 victory over the Miami Heat.
As the Pistons concluded their interview with the Oklahoma City assistant Wednesday, it appears they won’t be bringing in any more candidates, a source tells The Detroit News.
Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News took your questions and comments about the Pistons and upcoming NBA draft Thursday. See what he had to say.
A 32-foot shot with less than a second remaining in regulation to force overtime. Luring Dwyane Wade into a foul and then making three free throws to give the Indiana Pacers the lead with 2.2 seconds left in the extra session.
So whom will the Pistons draft in the first round, now that they know they’re selecting eighth? Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News breaks down the candidates and sets the odds of the Pistons drafting each player.
With the lottery order established Tuesday night, ESPN's Chad Ford released an updated mock draft. He has the Cavaliers taking Kentucky center Nerlens Noel No. 1 and Orlando selecting Michigan guard Trey Burke No. 2.
Winning the coin flip with the Washington Wizards led to the Pistons falling to the eighth spot as opposed to the seventh. The Wizards rose to the top three. Had the coin flip gone the other way, the Pistons would've been in the top three.
Villanueva is in California training for next season and decided to opt-in for the last $8.5 million from a deal he signed in the summer of 2009. Villanueva presumably will return to Detroit if he isn't traded or the team doesn't use the amnesty clause on him in July.
Nick Gilbert and the Cleveland Cavaliers have beaten the NBA lottery odds again. The Cavaliers won the lottery for the second time in three years Tuesday, giving them the No. 1 pick for the June 27 draft.
Tony Parker had 15 points and a career playoff-high 18 assists, Tim Duncan scored San Antonio’s first six points of overtime and the Spurs bounced back after squandering a 13-point lead in the fourth quarter to beat the Memphis Grizzlies 93-89 on Tuesday night.
It’s seemingly taken awhile, but one element of the Pistons’ offseason will be revealed tonight — at least a portion of it — at the draft lottery in New York.
Pistons rookie Andre Drummond turned out to be quite a find with the ninth pick in the 2012 draft and he's no stranger to the camera, so the gregarious center ...
Tony Parker had 20 points and nine assists, Kawhi Leonard scored 18 points and the Spurs struck first by beating Memphis 105-83 on Sunday. San Antonio raced ...
Indiana is 6-0 at home in the playoffs, but this one sure wasn’t easy. Next up is a rematch with Miami, the team that eliminated Indiana last season. Game 1 ...
Oladipo rose up the draft boards this past season because of his stellar play on both ends of the floor, especially his ability to disrupt offenses by being ...
Wade walked into a ballroom with roses and hugged Nicole Muxo on Friday night as her classmates from Archbishop Coleman Carroll High School cheered. Muxo ...
If age is only a number, then height serves the same meaningless purpose for Michigan’s Trey Burke, the national player of the year. He feels his skill set and ...
Danny Green failed to step up quickly enough on a pick, allowing Golden State’s Stephen Curry to hit an open 3-pointer. The roar of the Oracle Arena crowd ...
The consensus national player of the year announced he was turning pro last month, and last week the point guard announced he was bypassing more high-profile ...
Questions about their respective athletic abilities is something Michigan’s Tim Hardaway Jr. and the Detroit’s Ray McCallum are being forced to answer for the ...
Georgetown swingman Otto Porter is one of the Pistons’ targets for next month’s NBA draft, and Porter compared himself to a player who just left town.
Carmelo Anthony and the New York Knicks broke out just enough to stay in it. Anthony scored 28 points and the Knicks avoided elimination in the Eastern ...
Georgetown swingman Otto Porter is one of the Pistons’ targets for next month's NBA draft and Porter compared himself to a player who just left town: "Tayshaun ...
Reintroducing himself at the NBA Draft Combine was the main goal for Ray McCallum, the University of Detroit junior point guard who declared for the draft on ...
It’s there where they can begin separating fact from fiction when they actually sit down with college players, beginning the delicate process of figuring out ...
LeBron James scored 23 points, Wade added 18 and the Heat clawed back from an 11-point second-half deficit to beat the Chicago Bulls 94-91 on Wednesday night ...
The critically-acclaimed ESPN "30 for 30" series now has its sights set on the Detroit Pistons teams that won back-to-back NBA titles in 1989 and 1990.
Latest Photo Galleries
In the Blogs
Stats, schedules and more
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- 1 Minnesota at Detroit , FSD/97.1
- 1:30 N.Y. Yankees at Tampa Bay , TBS
- 2 Miami at Chicago White Sox , WGN
- 8 Atlanta at N.Y. Mets , ESPN
- Noon Big East final , ESPNU
- 1 ACC final , ESPN2
- 1 Big Ten final , BTN
- 2 CUSA final , CBSSN
- 4:30 SEC final , ESPN2
- 8 NCAA final, North Carolina vs.Maryland women , ESPNU
- Noon Super Regionals, Alabama-Birmingham at Florida , ESPN
- 3 Super Regionals, Alabama-Birmingham at Florida (if necessary) , ESPN
- 3 Super Regionals, Nebraska at Oregon , ESPNU
- 5 Super Regionals, Kentucky at Arizona State , ESPN
- 6 Super Regionals, Nebraska at Oregon (if necessary) , ESPNU
- 8 Super Regionals, Kentucky at Arizona State (if necessary) , ESPN2
- 7:30a Euro. PGA Champ. , GC
- 1 PGA Crowne Plaza Inv. , GC
- 3 PGA Crowne Plaza Inv. , CBS
- 3 Senior PGA Champ. , NBC
- 3 LPGA Bahamas Cl. , GC
- 7:30a F1 Monaco GP , NBC
- Noon Indianapolis 500 , ABC
- 6 Sp. Coca-Cola 600 , Fox
- 8:30 Miami at Indiana , TNT
- 8 Los Angeles at San Jose , NBCSN
- 3:30 MLS, Houston at Kansas City , NBCSN
- 11 MLS, Seattle at Los Angeles , ESPN2
- 5a French Open , ESPN2
- Noon French Open , NBC
- 5a Monday French Open , ESPN2
- 8:30 Seattle at Los Angeles , NBA
Pistons Game Guide
Get in the Game
AP NBA Headlines
- Grizzlies blow big lead in 104-93 OT loss to Spurs - 01:54 AM
- Spurs take 3-0 lead, beat Grizzlies 104-93 in OT - 01:24 AM
- Grizzlies coach defends flagrant foul but not flop - 02:30 PM
- East title series shifts to Indy, knotted at 1-1 - 10:58 AM
- Pacers steal Game 2 away from Heat in Miami, 97-93 - 03:21 AM
- Late turnovers doom Heat in Game 2 loss, 97-93 - 12:43 AM
- Pacers steal Game 2 from Heat, 97-93 - 12:26 AM
- Tesla CEO sets affordability as his electric-car goal
- Wings' mission now is to match Hawks' desperation
- Alex Avila's protracted slump creates dilemma for Tigers' brass
- Under present-day microscope, Miguel Cabrera's feats are momentous
- Charges pile up for ex-Lion Titus Young
- Let Suh be Suh: Don't push Lions star into ill-suited leadership role
- Moby, Ryan Gosling add heat to chilly Movement festival
- Residents strive to revive Westland's historic Norwayne neighborhood
- Mukherjee brings her passion for public transit to Detroit
- Wings miss golden opportunity to close out Hawks
- Metro Detroit's summer music schedule colossal on all fronts
- Wings overwhelmed by resurgent Blackhawks team
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.