Federal investigators are reviewing how another sexual abuse complaint was handled at Michigan State University, bringing the total number of cases under review at the East Lansing school to three, university officials confirmed Tuesday.
A winter storm watch is in effect for Metro Detroit and about six to nine inches of snow is expected by Wednesday afternoon. The southern portion of Wayne and Monroe counties are expected to get the biggest portion of the snow.
Detroit's new public transportation director told lawmakers Tuesday he intends to upgrade the city's troubled bus fleet, better coordinate routes with the suburban transit system and have 24/7 on-board police to keep passengers safe.
The Masons have won their legal battle over who owns Detroit's Masonic Temple, the largest building of its kind.
The House Energy and Commerce Committee requested documents from General Motors Co. and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration on Tuesday in its investigation into the recall of 1.6 million older cars for ignition switch problems linked to 13 deaths and 31 crashes in which air bags failed to deploy.
He will play this season for the $2.187 million second-round tender he was offered last week, then be paid $7 million for 2015 and 2016.
The city's lawyers today announced they have reached a deal that will protect members of a retiree committee from lawsuits associated with Detroit's bankruptcy case.
Detroit — The family of a woman whose mummified body likely was found in Pontiac garage had tried for years to find her and even reached out to police to check the home, relatives said Tuesday.
Wayne Circuit Judge Vonda Evans set Oct. 6 as a new trial date for Robert Bashara, the Grosse Pointe Park businessman accused in the 2012 brutal slaying of his wife.
Police are reporting that an 18-year-old male was wounded early Tuesday morning in a shooting incident at an apartment complex.
Washington — The Department of Homeland Security plans to award a contract for the design of the next-generation presidential limousine by late August, to be ready by the time the next president takes office in 2017.
McCluster was switched between wide receiver and running back early in his career but flourished in 2013 as a slot receiver and punt returner for new Kansas City coach Andy Reid.
General Motors for years collected dozens of warning signs from customers and employees about problems with Chevrolet Cobalts and Saturn Ions related to engines stalling and ignition switches moving to 'accessory' or 'off' while driving.
Brownstown Township — Two Ford Motor Co. employees were hospitalized Tuesday afternoon following a HAZMAT situation involving chemicals at a parts redistribution facility, according to the automaker's spokeswoman.
Lansing — A food service provider, already under fire for its handling of food and dealing with inmates, has been fined $98,000 for violating its contract, ...
You could see Justin Verlander was itching to get back on the mound. Actually, you could see it numerous times Tuesday afternoon – as he was the first Tiger to ...
Pontiac — Members of the law enforcement community Tuesday expressed support for legislation which they hope will deter illegal metal scrappers 'tearing down ...
Debbie Hersman, the chair of the National Transportation Safety Board who often clashed with automakers on in-vehicle communication and pushed for tougher ...
Detroit — Wayne County's chief financial officer faced skepticism from county commissioners Tuesday when he said selling a Downriver wastewater treatment facility to a ...
Modern furniture and housewares store West Elm will make its Michigan debut in Birmingham later this year, the Birmingham Principal Shopping District confirmed ...
Because Berry Gordy learned how to produce and mix there, and recorded his earliest sessions at United Sound Systems, it has an integral role in the Motown ...
The University of Michigan announced a new student ticket program Tuesday designed to improve attendance at football games. Under the new policy, students will ...
Knebel, now 22, may be keeping a low-profile these days at Tigertown for the simple fact he’s not in major league camp. But, he’s poised to quickly become a ...
Fowler ran the 40-yard dash in 4.39 seconds on both attempts, one scout said after conferring with the group of scouts at the event. After each run, scouts ...
Jason Hanson, for one, wouldn't want it any other way. For 21 years, the former Detroit Lions kicker worked for the late William Clay Ford Sr. He got to know ...
Iglesias strolled through the Joker Marchant Stadium clubhouse Tuesday morning, stopping near a bulletin board to get a look at the day's lineup. Obviously, he ...
Last year, the Lions signed safety Glover Quin, running back Reggie Bush and defensive end Jason Jones within the first 24 hours of free agency, and they only ...
Fischer was on his computer Monday night when news broke of Dallas Stars forward Rich Peverley collapsing on the bench during a game against the Columbus Blue ...
In most seasons, the Big Ten men's basketball tournament isn't exactly high on the list of importance for Michigan State. That is hardly the case this season.
For the third straight year, Michigan is going back to the Big Apple. The Wolverines are scheduled to play in the Legends Classic in November at the Barclays ...
Latest Headlines Updated Mar 11, 2014 at 3:45 pm
- Boys basketball regional finals schedule 3:45 pm
- CMU's Crystal Bradford named MAC Player of the Year3:38 pm
- Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race8:20 am
- Gold medal skaters Davis, White honored by Snyder, lawmakers12:54 pm
- Lions likely to be prudent when spending on free agents1:07 am
- Martha Ford takes over Lions legacy from husband1:00 am
- Michigan State coach Tom Izzo: Big Ten tournament 'is going to be big for us'12:40 pm
- Michigan to play in the Legends Classic in November10:38 am
- Receiver Bennie Fowler raises eyebrows with speedy time at Michigan State pro day5:43 pm
- Red Wings retaining playoff hopes despite their many injuries1:12 am
- Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias making progress in recovery from shin splints4:53 pm
- Tigers' Verlander to make first start today; 'He's not really that far behind'10:24 am
- Tuesday's NFL free agency roundup: Titans sign multi-threat Dexter McCluster, source says5:29 pm
Detroit Red Wings
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- 1 N.Y. Mets at St. Louis, MLB
- 1 Toronto at Detroit, 1270
- 4 Seattle at L.A. Angels, MLB
- 2 Summit final, South Dakota vs. Denver women, ESPNU
- 4 West Coast final, Gonzaga vs. BYU women, ESPNU
- 7 Horizon final, Milwaukee at Wright State, ESPN
- 7 Northeast final, Mount St. Mary’s at Robert Morris, ESPN2
- 9 West Coast final, San Francisco-BYU vs. Gonzaga-Saint Mary’s (Calif.), ESPN
- 9 Summit final, North Dakota State vs. Fort Wayne-South Dakota State, ESPN2
- 9 Big East final, St. John’s vs. DePaul women, FS1
- 7:30 Sacramento at Detroit, FSD/97.1
- 8 San Antonio at Chicago, WGN
- 7 Detroit at Columbus, FSD+/1270
- 7:30 Washington at Pittsburgh, NBCSN
- 3:30 UEFA, Arsenal at Bayern Munich, FS1
- 3 Winter Games, NBCSN
- 1:30a Wednesday Winter Games, NBCSN
- subject to change
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
Get in the Game
Celebrate the Spartans' Rose Bowl victory with a hardcover book
"Return To Roses" chronicles the thrilling Michigan State championship football season and Rose Bowl, with photos, games stories, features and columns by The Detroit News. Order yours at www.kcisports.com or call 1-800-697-3756.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.