Tigers minor league pitcher Evan Reed allegedly sexually assaulted an 'incapacitated' woman in his hotel room before ordering her to leave, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said Wednesday in announcing charges against the 28-year-old reliever.
Calhoun finds himself the center of attention with the season a few short weeks from beginning. As engaging as he is, as much fun as he likes to have, the stage he truly strives to perform on doesn't come with a microphone.
- MORE SPORTS
- If Florida fans feel Ohio State coach Urban Meyer betrayed their trust, it's because he did
- Eric Ebron to play rookie season with Lions under mother's watchful eye
- Red Wings hire Jim Hiller and Andrew Brewer as assistant coaches
- Red Sox, Rockies shaping up as go-to teams as Tigers search for pitching
- Newcomer Joakim Soria struggles as White Sox rout Tigers
- Michigan's Jabrill Peppers spectacular at times but also learning, Devin Gardner says
Mark Davis confirmed he has met with San Antonio officials but declined to disclose whether he has any interest in relocating the franchise to Texas.
Brandon Poulson was pitching earlier this month for the Healdsburg Prune Packers in a collegiate summer league. His manager was Joey Gomes, the brother of big leaguer Jonny Gomes. Now, the Twins are about to give him $250,000.
There is no doubt Michigan State was rolling. Its only loss came in the fourth week of the season at Notre Dame, and by the time the Spartans headed
During this offseason, there has been a strong focus on leadership training and team bonding. That has taken various forms with speakers to team
Forward Tomas Tatar and the Red Wings have agreed to a three-year deal worth $2.75 million annually.
A judge ruled against Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling on Monday in his attempt to block the $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to
The landmark at Firestone Country Club is among the most popular in America, a massive water tower in the shape of a golf ball on a tee. Tiger Woods
- Sunday's golf roundup: Grosse Ile's Justin Hicks finishes third at Canadian Open
- Saturday's golf roundup: Jim Furyk sitting pretty for third his Canadian Open title
- Friday's golf roundup: Jim Furyk, Tim Petrovic share Canadian Open lead
- Thursday's golf roundup: Wyandotte's Justin Hicks starts strong in Canadian Open
The NCAA agreed Tuesday to settle a class-action head-injury lawsuit by creating a $70 million fund to diagnose thousands of current and former college athletes to determine if they suffered brain trauma playing football, hockey, soccer and other contact sports.
Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany would not go as far as his Big 12 counterpart, Bob Bowlsby, whose colorful criticism of NCAA enforcement recently
Roush confirmed the decision Sunday, a move that had been long expected but could not be substantiated because Edwards refuses to publicly discuss
Darnell Slocum was one of an estimated 25,000 homeless in Detroit. Now, he's off the streets and lives in an apartment. And on Friday, Slocum leaves
Latest Headlines Updated Jul 30, 2014 at 3:34 pm
- Indians trade Justin Masterson to Cardinals 3:34 pm
- Michigan players think offseason team functions will help forge better record1:00 am
- Oakland Raiders owner says he has talked with San Antonio1:30 pm
- Once-homeless Detroiter joins in for new challenge — soccer1:00 am
- Twins sign undrafted pitcher with 100 mph arm to $250K deal1:16 pm
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- ■12:30 Washington at Miami, MLB
- ■3:30 Pittsburgh at San Francisco, MLB
- ■6:30 Big League World Series, Puerto Rico vs. Clearwater, Fla., ESPN2
- ■7 Chicago White Sox at Detroit, FSD/97.1
- ■7 L.A. Angels at Baltimore, ESPN
- ■7 International Champions Cup, Manchester City vs. Liverpool, FS1
- ■9 MLS, New York at Real Salt Lake, ESPN2
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
Get in the Game
Celebrate the Spartans' Rose Bowl victory with a hardcover book
"Return To Roses" chronicles the thrilling Michigan State championship football season and Rose Bowl, with photos, games stories, features and columns by The Detroit News. Order yours at www.kcisports.com or call 1-800-697-3756.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.