Voters opted to keep Troy’s mayor and gave the nod to most multi-million dollar proposals for school upgrades.
In the Blogs
James David Dickson If I were to receive a Letter To The Editor advising Detroit to sell off the Detroit Institute of the Artsâ€™ art collection to help resolve its insolvency, Iâ€™d practice...
Henry Payne So how to explain the White House's belated admission that Obama's right hand knew?
Gary Wolfram We should expect our government to be transparent enough that our highest elected official is at least aware of issues of major importance.
U.S. election results;
how counties voted
- See how each county voted for president and U.S. Senate, plus U.S. House results, the electoral college vote and the balance of power between parties.
Examining the presidential vote
Faces of 2016
Top super PAC donors
How true are Michigan campaign ads?
Unable to open template http://www.detroitnews.com/legacy/rss/mich_truth_squad.htm, exiting
- House GOP panel moves on deep budget cuts - 09:44 PM
- Tea party vs. old guard in GOP Senate rift - 07:23 AM
- NY senator: Assaults let military culture continue - 08:47 PM
- Senate votes to cut crop insurance aid for wealthy - 06:04 PM
- House backs variable rate student loans - 05:52 PM
- Wyden: FracFocus a 'constructive' tool on drilling - 05:20 PM
- Democrats strike back at GOP voting measures - 01:14 PM
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.