Donna Terek: Donna's Detroit
From Indy to Detroit, 'fowling' winning fans as tailgate pastime
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.
- Tigers' Nick Castellanos relishing return to third base
- GM to unveil the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 in Detroit
- Ford takes the wraps off 6th-generation Mustang
- Paul unveils plan for Detroit 'economic freedom zone'
- In written ruling, Detroit bankruptcy judge urges creditors to negotiate
- 2015 Mustang: A makeover with muscle
- Dantonio's long hours at Michigan State bring success and comfort
- 189,700 in Michigan will lose unemployment benefits without extension
- Photographer robbed twice in Detroit, criticizes police response
- Pistons G Rodney Stuckey's positive frame of mind translates into consistency
- What's next for Tigers? It should be locking up Max Scherzer
- Ford to reveal next-generation Mustang on Dec. 5
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
From Indy to Detroit, ‘fowling’ winning fans as tailgate pastime
It’s a combination of football, horseshoes and bowling, and its invention was an accident. It’s called fowling and it's become a fond pastime of tailgaters in Detroit and Indianapolis.
A link to this page will be included in your message.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.