Donna Terek: Donna's Detroit
From Indy to Detroit, 'fowling' winning fans as tailgate pastime
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.
- Ice storm to hit Metro Detroit later today through Sunday morning
- Detroit mansion has it all: storied history, rich details - and $2.8M price tag
- Harper Woods shooting suspect arraigned
- DNR investigates Bay County suspects in killing of U.P. cougar
- Ice storm expected to slam Metro Detroit this afternoon
- Red Wings' Stephen Weiss to be out 2-8 weeks
- For Lions, it's win -- and a prayer
- Man killed while trying to pull car from ditch
- Jon Gruden: Matthew Stafford, Lions might be on brink of greater things
- Toyota Prius tops Consumer Reports best value list
- Homicides in Detroit decline
- Michigan commit Jabrill Peppers sets sights on more titles, Woodson's No. 2
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
From Indy to Detroit, ‘fowling’ winning fans as tailgate pastime
It’s a combination of football, horseshoes and bowling, and its invention was an accident. It’s called fowling and it's become a fond pastime of tailgaters in Detroit and Indianapolis.
A link to this page will be included in your message.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.