Budd Lynch's graceful presence will be missed at Wings' home opener
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.
- Detroit police: Homicide pace lowest in decades
- Tigers decide Devon Travis might help them sooner as a center fielder
- Red Wings' Ken Holland stands by plan amid criticism over lack of free-agent signings
- Michigan's minimum wage takes first step up
- Slipshod Tigers concoct new ways to derail themselves
- Season ripe for Mich. apple growers; another bumper crop expected
- Michigan sorry to see series with Notre Dame come to an end
- Mark Dantonio: Matchup with Oregon 'an opportunity to see where we're at as a program'
- Outfielder Steven Moya, catcher James McCann join seven minor leaguers called up by Tigers
- OT Michael Williams, RB George Winn among Lions' practice squad additions
- Michigan State an 11-point underdog vs. Oregon, Notre Dame favored to beat Michigan by 6
- Titans claim WR Kris Durham after he was cut by Lions
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
Budd Lynch’s graceful presence will be missed at Wings’ home opener
His voice provided a visceral link between the team of the Olympia and the team of Joe Louis Arena, reflecting the long historical span of the NHL franchise in Detroit.
A link to this page will be included in your message.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.