Justin Abdelkader's hit deals Red Wings far bigger blow
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.
- Brand-new Lions done in by same old mistakes in loss to Panthers
- Surging Tigers sweep Indians, take command of AL Central
- Amtrak's Detroit-Chicago trip to get faster, plusher with upgrades
- Tigers rookies traveling to Minneapolis wearing only skimpy football outfits
- Sunday's NFL roundup: Three quarterbacks turn afternoon into 'Michigan State Day'
- Lions to explore their kicking options after Nate Freese misses two more field goals
- Lions revert to old ways in loss to Panthers
- Detroit drug, gun seizures plummet
- Ex-Ford CEO Mulally undecided on next step, says he won't run for president
- Panthers' Cam Newton regrets referring to Lions' Ndamukong Suh as 'Donkey Kong'
- Josh Katzenstein grades the Lions in their Week 2 loss
- Tigers prospect Daniel Fields faces make-or-break offseason
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
Justin Abdelkaderís hit deals Red Wings far bigger blow
One hit changed this game and might have changed this series. Abdelkader was given a five-minute penalty and kicked out, and faces a possible suspension for clobbering defenseman Toni Lydman.
A link to this page will be included in your message.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.