Joakim Andersson has a lower-body injury. (David Guralnick / Detroit News)
New York – Add one more player to the Red Wings’ injured list.
Forward Joakim Andersson is day-to-day with a lower-body injury, said general manager Ken Holland. He will miss Thursday night’s game against the New York Rangers.
With Andersson unavailable, the Red Wings have called up forward Cory Emmerton from Grand Rapids.
Holland said Emmerton will be in the lineup against the Rangers. Emmerton has 29 points (10 goals, 19 assists) in 31 games with the Griffins, after being waived by the Red Wings earlier this season.
Emmeron has two assists in nine games with the Red Wings.
Andersson joins a lengthy list of players currently hurt.
* Forward Pavel Datsyuk (lower body) is day-to-day, but his return is unlikely until next week.
* Forward Darren Helm (groin), day to day.
* Goalie Jonas Gustavsson (groin), day to day.
* Forward Johan Franzen (concussion), indefinite.
* Defenseman Jonathan Ericsson (ribs), likely returns next week.
* Forward Stephen Weiss (hernia), out until after Olympic break in late February.