Royal Oak— A fire at Mayor Jim Ellison's home on Thursday is under investigation by the fire marshal.
Fire Chief Chuck Thomas said the fire did not cause major damage and there were no injuries.
“I'm not sure how the fire started, but it was confined to one area,” Thomas said late Friday. “It happened yesterday afternoon and was put out shortly thereafter.”
Ellison was unavailable for comment, but published reports say he praised the Royal Oak Fire Department for putting out the fire, which began in the family’s dryer and spread.