News reports about General Motors Co.
White Marsh, Md. — General Motors Co. said Tuesday it has launched production of its electric motors for its new all-electric Chevrolet Spark EV that will go on sale in June.
At his Houston Cadillac store last weekend, Carl Sewell had an unusual experience: He helped a mother secure a baby seat into a car she was considering. Young-shopper sightings were once a rarity for Sewell.
Washington — General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson met with dozens of lawmakers on Capitol Hill Thursday, telling them the automaker is performing well as he offered a "report card" on the company's achievements.
Washington — General Motors Co. said Wednesday it is recalling 28,000 vehicles in North America in new campaigns to reprogram software in 2013 Cadillac SRX crossovers and Buick LaCrosse sedans and to fix a small number of 2011 Chevrolet Express vans, which run on compressed natural gas, for fire risks.
General Motors Co. said Monday it will offer a twin-turbo V-6 engine and eight-speed transmission — both firsts for the automaker — in its all-new 2014 Cadillac CTS available this fall.
Interactive maps: GM's reach
- What Red Wings lack in skill, they're making up for with grit
- Some stats reveal ominous signs for Tigers closer Jose Valverde
- Danialle Karmanos abruptly cancels white-tie gala for hubby
- Former airport CEO Mullin alleges she's owed $90K more, lawyer due more in fees
- Meijer first to open at Detroit's Gateway Marketplace shopping center
- Pistons make most of lottery selections
- Hathaway lawyer pleads case to keep her out of prison; feds want her to serve 12-18 months
- Ex-girlfriend details affair at Wayne County Judge McCree's disciplinary hearing
- Crews dig through night after deadly Oklahoma twister
- Underdog Red Wings look like top dogs in taking 2-1 lead
- Downtown Birmingham booms again with new, upscale retail
- Second-period flurry powers Red Wings to 2-1 lead in series
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.