How hard is it to trim $1,000 from the family's monthly budget? Personal finance columnist Brian O'Connor conducts a 10-week experiment.
The Grand Experiment: Lopping the family budget
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.
- Source: Police dog hits on new location at Jimmy Hoffa dig
- Dan Gilbert buys two more buildings in Detroit's downtown
- Mistrial declared for Detroit cop accused in Aiyana's death; retrial likely
- Appeals court keeps Mike Duggan off Detroit ballot
- Chrysler strikes deal to recall fewer Jeep SUVs for fire risks
- ESPN predictions: Hand, McDowell, Scott, Westphal will pick Michigan
- Downtown Detroit rents go through roof
- Three-year, $22.5M deal with Pavel Datsyuk gives Wings 'good feeling'
- Michigan's Trey Burke goes to Pistons in Chad Ford's latest mock draft
- Red Wings' Damien Brunner ponders future as free agent
- Michigan ranked fifth in nation for three-year football success
- Tigers' top pick Jonathon Crawford will fit right in
Jobs Across Michigan
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.