Chuck Daly, who coached the Detroit Pistons to back-to-back NBA championship, passed away at age 78 after battling pancreatic cancer. His legacy is both large and simple and can be summed up like this: He changed things.
Remembering Chuck Daly
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.
Get in the Game
- Player-by-player look at the Tigers' ever-evolving roster
- Suburbs balk at Orr's water deal
- For Lions' Joique Bell, long journey back to Detroit was worth it
- Versatile Saginaw Heritage star Brian Cole Jr. likes Michigan but keeping options open
- Timeless classic
- At Tommy's in Detroit, travel back to Prohibition and order a drink, too
- Tigers' Nick Castellanos relishing return to third base
- Michigan State basketball game pays big dividends on football side
- Art, commerce collide at DIA as EM and museum at odds over collection's future
- Lions' Calvin Johnson remains humble, even as more records ready to tumble
- Enthusiasts weigh in on Mustang's revamp
- GM brands may go further in Europe without Chevy
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.