Chuck Daly, who coached the Detroit Pistons to back-to-back NBA championship, passed away at age 78 after battling pancreatic cancer. His legacy is both large and simple and can be summed up like this: He changed things.
Remembering Chuck Daly
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.
Get in the Game
- Source: Police dog hits on new location at Jimmy Hoffa dig
- Dan Gilbert buys two more buildings in Detroit's downtown
- Mistrial declared for Detroit cop accused in Aiyana's death; retrial likely
- Appeals court keeps Mike Duggan off Detroit ballot
- ESPN predictions: Hand, McDowell, Scott, Westphal will pick Michigan
- Chrysler to fix 2.7M Jeeps for fire risks
- Three-year, $22.5M deal with Pavel Datsyuk gives Wings 'good feeling'
- Downtown Detroit rents go through roof
- Bullpen versatility suits Tigers' Drew Smyly, but he's still future starter
- Michigan's Trey Burke goes to Pistons in Chad Ford's latest mock draft
- Red Wings' Damien Brunner ponders future as free agent
- Michigan ranked fifth in nation for three-year football success
Jobs Across Michigan
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.