Chuck Daly, who coached the Detroit Pistons to back-to-back NBA championship, passed away at age 78 after battling pancreatic cancer. His legacy is both large and simple and can be summed up like this: He changed things.
Remembering Chuck Daly
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.
Get in the Game
- Tesla, Chrysler spar over loan repayment
- Judge allows Kilpatrick to replace lead lawyer
- Lions newest RB Reggie Bush ready to work, 'win championships'
- Tigers' Jim Leyland bends rule; ace Justin Verlander is grateful
- The time is now for Red Wings; goalie Jimmy Howard could hold key
- Officials: Kilpatrick got flight passes via friend
- Michigan explains origin, purpose of footballs with 'Not in Ohio' label
- Lions need Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley at front of line as leaders
- Tigers sweep Indians in wet, wacky series' finale
- Michigan AD Dave Brandon on Chris Webber: 'I'd be happy to meet him'
- Big plans are in the works for a tiny Capitol Park in downtown Detroit
- Pistons' coach search moves ahead with Maurice Cheeks interview
Jobs Across Michigan
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.