Chuck Daly, who coached the Detroit Pistons to back-to-back NBA championship, passed away at age 78 after battling pancreatic cancer. His legacy is both large and simple and can be summed up like this: He changed things.
Remembering Chuck Daly
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.
Get in the Game
- Kwame Kenyatta quitting Detroit council
- Duggan won't appeal, ends Detroit mayoral bid
- Dig for Hoffa's body enters third day
- Mobster's lawyer rips FBI's failed Jimmy Hoffa dig
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, executive chairman George Zimmer
- 'Vintage' Justin Verlander missing in shaky outing vs. Orioles
- Despite crisis, Gilbert upbeat on Detroit
- Police visit home of Patriots' Aaron Hernandez following body discovery
- Wayne Co. aims to salvage over-budget jail project with scaled-down effort
- Crawford brothers unite kids, NBA players
- Michigan RB Derrick Green among ESPN's top-10 future stars
- Motor City Brewing Works charms with its suds and creative pizzas
Jobs Across Michigan
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.