Chuck Daly, who coached the Detroit Pistons to back-to-back NBA championship, passed away at age 78 after battling pancreatic cancer. His legacy is both large and simple and can be summed up like this: He changed things.
Remembering Chuck Daly
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site. If you find a comment that you believe violates these standards, please click the "X" in the upper right corner of the post to report it.
Get in the Game
- Tigers reshaped themselves into fleet-footed outfit
- Officials showing off revitalization efforts under way at Belle Isle
- Whether at the plate or in field, Rajai Davis is speedy upgrade
- Convicted ex-Mayor Kilpatrick ordered to pay Detroit $4.6M in restitution
- Detroit-shot '12 Monkeys' pilot under way
- GM's Barra becomes first woman to run a Detroit Three automaker
- Detroit automakers nominated for '14 car, truck of the year awards
- Don't count on Team Snyder to aid in Detroit pension rescue
- Michigan's Gardner recovering from turf toe; Morris, Bellomy getting reps
- Healthy Andy Dirks is getting a shot in Tigers' lineup
- Lions' Ryan Broyles vows he'll bounce back from latest season-ending leg injury
- Detroit fights creditors' request for independent DIA appraisal
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.