— When Mary Snyder saw the run-down 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air sitting on the side of the road on her way home from work, she knew she had to have the car.
Talk about pricing what the market will bear. How about $280,000 for an old Dodge pickup? Or $190,000 for a 1950s station wagon-cum-jalopy covered in rust?
Driving a new 2013 Ram heavy duty truck, equipped with a 6.7-liter Cummins turbo diesel engine sounds a lot like actor Sam Elliott's baritone television commercial punchline, 'Guts. Glory. Ram.'.
As consumers we should all look forward to the development of advanced vehicle technologies, but the prospect of self-driving cars is about as welcome as the flying car.
Retro vehicles were the focus of the annual Cars ’R’ Stars classic auto show at the Historic Packard Proving Grounds, which drew an estimated 2,000 buffs, said Tom Mitchell, chairman for the event.
Kia is joining other manufacturers in moving into the premium market with its all-new full-size 2014 Cadenza.
I don't know if there's any such thing as a bad road trip, but Tina and Michael Lambert sure know how to elevate the ordinary into a stylish art form.
I had to make a slight detour on a recent drive from my home in Arizona to a campground in northern Michigan.
The Subaru Forester, well known as a durable and eminently functional compact sport utility vehicle, adds more power, more room, more safety features and a retuned suspension for 2014.
The world's car makers think they're about to crack American resistance to diesels. All of a sudden, we're seeing more and more Euro-style, fuel-sipping diesel engines in showrooms.
It was just a few weeks more than 50 years ago that Ford unleashed its Mustang, a car that galloped into prominence in automotive history.
As consumer confidence continues to recover, the luxury car market is reaping the rewards and premium automakers are refreshing or expanding their model lineups.
It didn't have to be like this. In the age of green screens and VFX houses, filmmakers responsible for the sixth installment of the 'Fast & Furious' franchise didn't have to actually destroy hundreds of cars.
Nissan's cool subcompact crossover, the Juke, gets a new addition to its lineup for 2013: the track-inspired Nismo model, which gives this already fun little vehicle some key performance upgrades and unique styling cues.
There are good cars and not-so-good cars, but there is no such thing as a bad convertible on a sunny day. I know this because I have driven the Chrysler 200 ...
At the typical auto show, many concept cars are less about wild automotive fantasy and more about providing a thinly disguised hint to whet appetites for the ...
A new Ford dealership opened up in southwestern Michigan. Actually, it's a very old one.
We all know that picking up hitchhikers is not generally a good idea, and there is one little stowaway that can really make life miserable for motorists. Her ...
Strip away the $61,345 price tag and ignore all of its competitors, and the 2014 Acura RLX isn’t a bad car.
When the all-new 2014 Silverado pickup truck was revealed in December, it looked like Chevrolet hadn’t gone far enough to keep pace with the competition. That ...
As a kid did you ever stick your hand out of the car window and marvel at the way you could play with the wind? Perhaps you still do.
A common theme when trying to save money is “do it yourself,” but many car owners are hesitant to take that advice and attempt basic maintenance and repairs on ...
Ford touts the Focus ST as not only being the company’s first “truly global performance car,” but also as the forerunner for future performance vehicles in ...
Car Rankings From U.S. News
Resources for consumers
- Profiles, specs and prices for any new vehicle, from Cars.com
- Aggregate rankings from published vehicle reviews, compiled by U.S. News & World Report
- Best and worst fuel economy
- Top 10 cash-back offers
- Search for latest rebates
- Best bets in used cars
- Kelley Blue Book used-car values
- Best and worst car resale values
- Understanding warranties
- J.D. Power initial quality rankings
- J.D. Power dependability ratings
- J.D. Power customer service rankings
- J.D. Power sales satisfaction ratings
- NHTSA crash tests and rollover ratings
- Safety ratings by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Finding the best financing deal
- Affordability calculator
- Car loan calculator
- Loan vs. lease calculator
- Cash back vs. low-interest loan
- Vehicle recalls
- Source: Police dog hits on new location at Jimmy Hoffa dig
- Dan Gilbert buys two more buildings in Detroit's downtown
- Judge declares mistrial in case of Detroit cop accused in Aiyana's death
- Appeals court keeps Mike Duggan off Detroit ballot
- ESPN predictions: Hand, McDowell, Scott, Westphal will pick Michigan
- Chrysler to fix 2.7M Jeeps for fire risks
- Three-year, $22.5M deal with Pavel Datsyuk gives Wings 'good feeling'
- Bullpen versatility suits Tigers' Drew Smyly, but he's still future starter
- Downtown Detroit rents go through roof
- Michigan's Trey Burke goes to Pistons in Chad Ford's latest mock draft
- Michigan ranked fifth in nation for three-year football success
- Red Wings' Damien Brunner ponders future as free agent
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.