Get the news

Share This Story!

Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about

House explodes in Redford Township

The massive explosion that leveled a home Nov. 1, 2015, may have been caused by propane used at the home and not from a natural gas leak. “Our investigation shows that the homeowner has not been a natural gas customer since 2004,” DTE Energy Co. spokesman Scott Simons said. “He was not hooked up to our system. We had inspectors out at the site Sunday night and understand that propane was found on the home.” One person was injured in the blast that destroyed the home on the 19000 block of Gaylord, near Vassar, at about 6 p.m. Sunday.


A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.

Join the Conversation

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

House explodes in Redford Township