A judge ruled against Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling on Monday in his attempt to block the $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
About 10 days ago, James turned to social media to help him choose which number he'll wear next season with the Cavaliers.
The Los Angeles Lakers have waited nearly three months to hire a new coach, and they're apparently making Byron Scott wait a few more days.
Financial terms were not announced, but under the NBA's rookie pay scale, Payne will make about $1.5 million in his first season.
Thursday's NBA roundup: Cavaliers sign No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins, putting on hold any possible trade
The Cavaliers signed the No. 1 overall draft pick, a deal that prevents Wiggins from being traded for 30 days. There has been a lot of talk about Wiggins going to Minnesota in exchange for Kevin Love.
The Alzheimer's disease expert from the Cleveland Clinic testified that Dr. Meril Platzer's May exam of Donald Sterling, one of two used to declare him mentally incapacitated, was not appropriate because of Shelly Sterling's presence.
Mark Barnhill, senior partner at Platinum Equity, issued a statement Tuesday reflecting the sentiments of Pistons owner Tom Gores, in light of the Ilitch family unveiling plans for a $650 million entertainment district downtown.
The Kings selected Stauskas, a 6-foot-6 guard, eighth overall in last month's draft and already are reaping the benefits, as he hit 48 percent (11-of-23) on 3-pointers.
McCallum, from the University of Detroit, scored 29 points and helped key a big Sacramento rally in the final minutes, as the Kings topped the Rockets to win the NBA Summer League championship game.
Parsons said he fears there would also be an exodus of key players, including team captain Chris Paul, who also is black and heads the NBA players union.
In a lawsuit filed Tuesday afternoon in Los Angeles Superior Court, Sterling asked for an injunction to freeze the $2-billion sale to Ballmer and for unspecified damages.
The Pistons signed guard Spencer Dinwiddie, their second-round pick, to a three-year contract, according to a source. Dinwiddie, the 38th pick of last month's draft, is still recovering from an torn ACL he suffered while at Colorado last January.
Pistons big man Andre Drummond could be a superstar in the making ... just not in bowling. That's the takeaway from a humorous Vine he posted on Sunday.
The chief financial officer of Donald Sterling's properties said Monday the billionaire may be forced to sell a large portion of his real estate empire to cover $500 million in loans if he persists in refusing to sell the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion.
Last week, the Indiana Pacers lost Lance Stephenson. On Monday, they replaced one of the NBA's best young players with former Pistons shooting guard Rodney ...
We can debate what was the biggest reason Stuckey didn't fulfill the promise the organization saw in him: if it was the six coaches in seven years, the fact ...
The recent success of Michigan and Michigan State's basketball programs has been a boon for the Big Ten. And that success has led to a number of players from ...
This is the second time in recent weeks the Kings have approached Pistons officials about Smith, 28, who was signed by Detroit for four years and $54 million.
Boozer, 32, is headed to the Lakers' crowded frontcourt after Los Angeles made the winning bid for the veteran forward waived by the Chicago Bulls via the ...
After seven years and six coaches, Rodney Stuckey has moved on from the Detroit Pistons, signing a one-year deal for the veterans' minimum with the Indiana ...
The unspoken tenor of the Pistons' offseason has been one of competition, and perhaps there's none more intriguing than the one possibly brewing at point guard ...
The controversial shooting guard has agreed to a $27 million, three-year deal with the Hornets, the Associated Press reported. The deal includes a team option ...
Not only does he have to prove to the NBA he can still play at a consistent level, at age 34, but he'll be looked upon as the 'old head' in the locker room, a ...
In fact, you're a bit like new team president and coach Stan Van Gundy, who says he's done with most of his offseason shopping even as he admits there's still ...
Adding Jodie Meeks, Caron Butler, D.J. Augustin, Cartier Martin and Aaron Gray likely fulfilled Pistons president Stan Van Gundy's mantra of swinging for ...
Introductions have become the norm in Auburn Hills. The latest, Caron Butler and D.J. Augustin on Tuesday, certainly will add to the competition that will take ...
The Pistons released guard Peyton Siva and center Josh Harrellson on Tuesday to make room for new acquisitions Caron Butler and D.J. Augustin.
Dwyane Wade is staying with the Heat, and his latest deal is designed to give both the player and the only franchise he's ever known some flexibility in the ...
Jodie Meeks wasn't the No. 1 option for the scoring-starved Los Angeles Lakers last season, but Stan Van Gundy's lucrative offer and aggressive approach made ...
Players will report to training camp in Las Vegas this month, with the roster cut to 12 before the World Cup of Basketball in Spain.
AP NBA Headlines
- Byron Scott says he will be LA Lakers' new coach - 08:30 PM
- LeBron deep-sixes number; will be No. 23 with Cavs - 01:43 PM
- Cavs sign Wiggins, who can't be traded for 30 days - 11:01 PM
- Jump ball: Bizarre Clippers court case nears close - 03:03 PM
- NBA player seeks tips on suspect in aunt's death - 08:05 PM
- Mavericks' Felton pleads guilty in NYC gun case - 01:47 PM
- LeBron James humbled by fans in Hong Kong - 10:01 AM
Latest Photo Galleries
Pistons' salary cap corner
- 2013-14 salary cap: $58.5 million (2012-13 cap was $58.044 million).
- Current Piston salaries for 2013-14 season: $35,045,558.
- Approximate salary cap space for 2013-14 season: $22,998,442 (not including slotted salary for 2013 first-round draft pick).
- PF Charlie Villanueva: $8,580,000
- SG/PG Rodney Stuckey: $8,500,000 (not fully guaranteed)
- PF/SF Jonas Jerebko: $4,500,000 PF/C
- Greg Monroe: $4,086,454 PG/SG
- Brandon Knight: $2,793,960 C
- Andre Drummond: $2,462,400 C
- Slava Kravtsov: $1,500,000 (not fully guaranteed)
- SF/SG Kyle Singler: $1,045,000
- SF Khris Middleton: $788,872 SG
- Kim English: $788,872 (not fully guaranteed)
Stats, schedules and more
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- 7 Chicago White Sox at Detroit, FSD/97.1
- 8 N.Y. Yankees at Texas, FS1
- 8 Colorado at Chicago Cubs, WGN
- 10 Atlanta at L.A. Dodgers, MLB
- 1 Big Ten Media Days, BTN
- 7 International Champions Cup, Manchester United vs. Inter Milan, NBCSN
- 7 National Pro Fastpitch, Chicago at Pennsylvania, CBSSN
- Noon Connecticut at Atlanta, NBA
- 8 Chicago at San Antonio, ESPN2
- 10 Los Angeles at Phoenix, ESPN2
Pistons Game Guide
Get in the Game
- Lions, Suh far apart, but not parting ways - yet
- Coast Guard to continue attempts to right grounded freighter on Lake St. Clair
- Michigan State will use its status as Big Ten's 'second-best'
- Common complaint for Detroit's M-1 Rail: It doesn't go far enough
- Devin Gardner improves practice habits with tips from Tom Brady, Peyton Manning
- Inconsistent hitting has cost Tigers since the All-Star break
- Obama considers new move on immigration
- Tigers should not pay any price in mission to win now
- Beaumont turns to 'kindness curriculum' as schools target doctor shortage
- Daniel Howes: Culture overhaul is up to GM insiders
- Carjacking leaves 20 year old dead in Detroit
- Lions' decision to cut Chris Houston didn't come down to last minute
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.