Mark Barnhill, senior partner at Platinum Equity, issued a statement Tuesday reflecting the sentiments of Pistons owner Tom Gores, in light of the Ilitch family unveiling plans for a $650 million entertainment district downtown.
McCallum, from the University of Detroit, scored 29 points and helped key a big Sacramento rally in the final minutes, as the Kings topped the Rockets to win the NBA Summer League championship game.
The Kings selected Stauskas, a 6-foot-6 guard, eighth overall in last month's draft and already are reaping the benefits, as he hit 48 percent (11-of-23) on 3-pointers.
The Pistons signed guard Spencer Dinwiddie, their second-round pick, to a three-year contract, according to a source. Dinwiddie, the 38th pick of last month's draft, is still recovering from an torn ACL he suffered while at Colorado last January.
Pistons big man Andre Drummond could be a superstar in the making ... just not in bowling. That's the takeaway from a humorous Vine he posted on Sunday.
The chief financial officer of Donald Sterling's properties said Monday the billionaire may be forced to sell a large portion of his real estate empire to cover $500 million in loans if he persists in refusing to sell the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion.
Last week, the Indiana Pacers lost Lance Stephenson. On Monday, they replaced one of the NBA's best young players with former Pistons shooting guard Rodney Stuckey.
We can debate what was the biggest reason Stuckey didn't fulfill the promise the organization saw in him: if it was the six coaches in seven years, the fact Stuckey never appeared to want the burden or the pressure of being 'The Man' or if the organization was never stable enough with positive influences who would allow Stuckey to grow and flourish.
The recent success of Michigan and Michigan State's basketball programs has been a boon for the Big Ten. And that success has led to a number of players from both schools making their mark in the NBA. Here's an update.
This is the second time in recent weeks the Kings have approached Pistons officials about Smith, 28, who was signed by Detroit for four years and $54 million.
Boozer, 32, is headed to the Lakers' crowded frontcourt after Los Angeles made the winning bid for the veteran forward waived by the Chicago Bulls via the amnesty clause.
After seven years and six coaches, Rodney Stuckey has moved on from the Detroit Pistons, signing a one-year deal for the veterans' minimum with the Indiana Pacers.
The unspoken tenor of the Pistons' offseason has been one of competition, and perhaps there's none more intriguing than the one possibly brewing at point guard after the Pistons signed D.J. Augustin.
The controversial shooting guard has agreed to a $27 million, three-year deal with the Hornets, the Associated Press reported. The deal includes a team option for the third season.
Not only does he have to prove to the NBA he can still play at a consistent level, at age 34, but he'll be looked upon as the 'old head' in the locker room, a ...
In fact, you're a bit like new team president and coach Stan Van Gundy, who says he's done with most of his offseason shopping even as he admits there's still ...
Adding Jodie Meeks, Caron Butler, D.J. Augustin, Cartier Martin and Aaron Gray likely fulfilled Pistons president Stan Van Gundy's mantra of swinging for ...
Introductions have become the norm in Auburn Hills. The latest, Caron Butler and D.J. Augustin on Tuesday, certainly will add to the competition that will take ...
The Pistons released guard Peyton Siva and center Josh Harrellson on Tuesday to make room for new acquisitions Caron Butler and D.J. Augustin.
Dwyane Wade is staying with the Heat, and his latest deal is designed to give both the player and the only franchise he's ever known some flexibility in the ...
Jodie Meeks wasn't the No. 1 option for the scoring-starved Los Angeles Lakers last season, but Stan Van Gundy's lucrative offer and aggressive approach made ...
Players will report to training camp in Las Vegas this month, with the roster cut to 12 before the World Cup of Basketball in Spain.
Butler, one of the more respected veterans in the league, has reportedly agreed to a one-year deal with a team option for a second year.
Things have been quiet on the Pistons' end concerning Greg Monroe. As time goes on, one can ponder the possibility of Monroe truly considering other options ...
Life has been rapidly changing for Andrew Wiggins lately. No longer the freshman phenom at Kansas, he's now the prodigy, the No. 1 pick in the draft. He's also ...
The old man showed last year in Brooklyn that he still knows how to knock down a clutch shot and grind out a playoff series victory, which made the up-and- ...
Before the soon-to-be second year guard ran out of gas and legs on the last two days of summer league, you could make the case he was the MVP of the 10-team ...
Not even Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert's history of foolishness could keep James away from where his heart never left, and Gilbert stands to gain from it — a ...
Anthony is finalizing a deal to stay with the New York Knicks, a league source confirmed. He could sign a maximum five-year, $129 million deal, but that was ...
James signed a two-year, $42.1 million contract with the Cavs on Saturday, a day after he announced he was returning to play in Cleveland and try to end the ...
AP NBA Headlines
- Lawyer: Clippers sale could miss August deadline - 09:10 PM
- LeBron James undecided on jersey No. 6 or 23 - 03:39 PM
- Stephenson: Ear-blowing incident doesn't define me - 03:38 PM
- Wiggins, Cavs hounded by Love trade rumors - 01:02 AM
- NBA's Bill Russell collapses during Tahoe speech - 06:32 PM
- NBA Calendar - 08:10 AM
- Silver: No guarantee Sterling out by season start - 11:10 PM
Latest Photo Galleries
Pistons' salary cap corner
- 2013-14 salary cap: $58.5 million (2012-13 cap was $58.044 million).
- Current Piston salaries for 2013-14 season: $35,045,558.
- Approximate salary cap space for 2013-14 season: $22,998,442 (not including slotted salary for 2013 first-round draft pick).
- PF Charlie Villanueva: $8,580,000
- SG/PG Rodney Stuckey: $8,500,000 (not fully guaranteed)
- PF/SF Jonas Jerebko: $4,500,000 PF/C
- Greg Monroe: $4,086,454 PG/SG
- Brandon Knight: $2,793,960 C
- Andre Drummond: $2,462,400 C
- Slava Kravtsov: $1,500,000 (not fully guaranteed)
- SF/SG Kyle Singler: $1,045,000
- SF Khris Middleton: $788,872 SG
- Kim English: $788,872 (not fully guaranteed)
Stats, schedules and more
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
Pistons Game Guide
Get in the Game
- Divorce case exposes bickering between Michael Moore, wife
- Pistons not currently evaluating possibility of moving downtown
- Pugh denies offering teen money for sex in response to lawsuit
- Tony Paul: Guest analysts Keith Law, Jon Paul Morosi talk Tigers, trade deadline
- Spartans snubbed on ESPN ranking of top defenses in college football
- Lions rookie Eric Ebron: I don't want to let Michigan down
- Ford reveals details about engines in aluminum-body F-150s
- Detroit officer shoots suspect in dispute outside police precinct
- Chrysler recalls 800,000 SUVs for ignition problems
- PBS looks at the fascination with Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance
- Lions training camp position previews: Linebackers
- Michigan's Nik Stauskas concludes 'great first experience' of summer league on high note
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.