O'Mara's Irish Pub celebrates 20 years in Berkley, Valentine Distilling expands in Ferndale and a local bartender gets a top honor, plus the food and beverage events calendar.
The two-story space on the corner of Fourth and Lafayette in downtown Royal Oak where Bistro 82 and the upstairs Sabrage are taking root could win an architectural award as well as a culinary one.
With the recent opening of Thomas Magee's Sporting House and Whiskey Bar, Eastern Market has one more neighborhood hangout and one less empty building.
One of the fascinating aspects of restaurants is the amazing variety. They can be top-of-the-line luxurious or as plain as a linoleum floor, and everything in between.
Sometimes what seems like a devastating event results in a happy outcome. That's certainly the case at the handsomely rebuilt J. Baldwin's Restaurant
Ever wonder what bartenders do on their night off? On Monday, several of the booze wizards in Detroit's craft cocktail scene gathered at the Scarab Club in Detroit.
Egg McMuffin, meet the Waffle Taco. Taco Bell is readying for the launch of its national breakfast menu on March 27, with items such as the A.M. Crunchwrap designed to appeal to its fan base of younger men. And the chain says breakfast will be available until 11 a.m. — a half-hour later than McDonald's offers its Egg McMuffins.
Take in a screening of 'The Michigan Beer Film' on Tuesday, see Dirty Dog's new 'all-day' menu, get some Ale Mary's craft beer and see what food and beverage events are coming up.
When the space next door to City Kitchen became available, proprietor Chick Taylor decided to expand the dimensions of his popular Grosse Pointe restaurant. But he certainly didn't just break through a wall, slap on some paint and call it a day.
Though Flood's Bar & Grille has suffered some road blocks — the rough economy, competition from the nearby casino, the smoking ban and, most recently, rumors it was closed — the family-owned business marches on.
Palace Sports & Entertainment on Wednesday announced the details of the third and final phase of its $40 million renovation project, most notably a re-branded Palace Grille.
With just one day until Valentine's Day, there's not much use in trying to snag a reservation at one of the classic romantic restaurants around town. Think outside of the heart-shaped box.
Make selections and hit 'Search'
- What's going on? Check the Events Calendar first!
- What's playing? Check the Movie Finder for details
- Leaving town? For listings of Michigan events and attractions, historic sites, recreational sports and family fun, browse www.michigan.org
- BBQ? Check the Recipe Box for ideas
- Dining out? Search the Restaurant Finder, sortable by cuisine or location
- Camping? State camp sites, reservations
- Current weather conditions, extended forecast, for any city
- Traffic and construction updates from MDOT: Road alerts, lane closures, traffic cams
- Projects under construction, from MDOT
- Current lane closures and detours, from MDOT
- Oakland County real-time traffic map, from the county's road commision: Freeway speeds, congestion, roadwork, camera snapshots
- Bridges, borders and ferries news from MDOT
- Delta flights' status
- Check status of any flight
- Airport delays
In columns and photos, we'll show you who's been seen and heard on the party scene around Metro Detroit; what they're saying, wearing and doing, and what's being said about them.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.