The supercharged Hellcat leads an army of updated 2015 Challengers into battle in the white hot War of the Muscle Cars.
Automakers these days can commune with fans in myriad ways beyond traditional advertising, from tweets and YouTube videos to discussion boards, Instagram and Vine.
Ask any Hollywood producer. There's only one way to go when it comes to monsters in blockbuster sequels. They need to be bigger, badder and more capable of beating enemies into the ground, which is exactly what Ducati has done with the latest incarnation of its iconic naked bike.
This year, TireRack.com is conducting tests on 10 categories of tires. It has just released the results of its test of what it calls Grand Touring All-Season tires.
Plymouth Thousands of car enthusiasts got their fix Sunday at the Concours d'Elegance of America show.
Inside Tim Kuniskis chest beats a Hemi V8. The chemistry between Dodge's CEO and Challenger is undeniable.
With an easier path for existing diesels to emigrate, the luxury world is awash with new models that were previously off-limits to U.S. drivers. The number of high-end diesel vehicles has doubled in the last five years, and midsize sedans are at the heart of that growth, according to data from Edmunds.com.
Race car drivers like to say you can never have too much power. By contrast, regular motorists are supposed to be a bit more practical, accepting that 150-300 horsepower, depending on your vehicle type, is good enough.
Plymouth Pickups are among today's hottest selling vehicles and luxurious ones at that. Many feature heated seats, remote starters and the smooth rides once reserved for passenger sedans.
Tired of your vehicle's drab and dirty cloth interior? Want something easier to clean? Want to upgrade to leather?
Herewith my 2014 list of the best features in autos today mechanical, digital, aesthetic, and otherwise. What did I miss? Got your favorite feature?
On a sunny day in the Burbank hills, Jay Leno's canary yellow McLaren supercar shatters the silence.
After 25 years, Mazda's little roller-skate has stayed true to its roots: Affordable, fuel efficient, and more fun than Monty Python's Spamalot.
The infamous 'Ruins Tours' are not the only cool ways to spend a few hours in a car in Metro Detroit.
Princetown, N.Y. When Maggie McNally-Bradshaw and husband Curt hop on their electric motorcycles and twist the throttles, they get a rush like no other.
Even the chief executive of Magic Tank admits it's perplexing that his company produces and sells an item it hopes customers never need.
The 2008 Buick Enclave SUV took our breath away. Six years later, Buick's refreshed, franchise vehicle tries to maintain its va-voom factor.
The Dodge Grand Caravan deserves its own room at the Smithsonian when Dodge retires the line. It's a practical, versatile, comfortable, rolling condo with ...
Well, it seems those old 'auto wrap' email come-ons are making the rounds again; I've had a couple such offers pop up in my inbox in the past few days.
What's the most commonly used fuel source for cars and trucks around the world? If you guessed gasoline, you are correct. And in second place yes, diesel.
Every couple of months, Craig Heiser sees a car putter into his garage without a catalytic converter.
What do Ford trucks and Jaguar cars have in common? I sat down with Jag engineer Richardson to talk about the F-Type/F-150 aluminum odd couple.
This week's test car is the Jetta GLI, a fine example of European engineering. It's not the best in class by objective measure but it's a pleasure to drive.
The compact crossover is taking over the world. The Ford Escape and Chevy Equinox bring serious pistols to the fight. Twenty paces, gents.
What do you actually do with a $320,000 car? Drive it, you say. Relish the experience, even if you don't own the car? Well, life is not that simple.
Virginia Beach, Va. To a generation of adolescent boys with Farrah Fawcett posters on their bedroom walls, the 1977 Pontiac Trans Am nature was every bit as sexy as the iconic ...
When the economy went sour a few years ago, Owosso-based Rugged Liner needed to do something creative to keep its 80 employees busy producing protective heavy- ...
Aston makes the most beautiful cars on the road. Period. On track the powerful, nimble Vantage romps about like Andre Drummond on a nerf basketball court:
Car Rankings From U.S. News
Resources for consumers
- Profiles, specs and prices for any new vehicle, from Cars.com
- Aggregate rankings from published vehicle reviews, compiled by U.S. News & World Report
- Best and worst fuel economy
- Top 10 cash-back offers
- Search for latest rebates
- Best bets in used cars
- Kelley Blue Book used-car values
- Best and worst car resale values
- Understanding warranties
- J.D. Power initial quality rankings
- J.D. Power dependability ratings
- J.D. Power customer service rankings
- J.D. Power sales satisfaction ratings
- NHTSA crash tests and rollover ratings
- Safety ratings by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Finding the best financing deal
- Affordability calculator
- Car loan calculator
- Loan vs. lease calculator
- Cash back vs. low-interest loan
- Vehicle recalls
- Players stunned as deal's drama unfolds before them
- Tigers pay price for 3 Cy Young winners in arms race
- Five keys to blockbuster deal: Added ace gives Tigers playoff edge
- Judge: Kilpatrick, frat brother must pay SEC $700K over lavish gifts, trips
- Coaching trio tweaks Matthew Stafford's game
- Jackson County candidate did 33 years for murder, says he has changed
- Dog owners charged with murder in Livonia jogger's death
- Review: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' revitalizes the space Western
- Five questions on David Price trade: Who plays in center field?
- Chrysler's sales rise 19.7%; Ford climbs 9.6%; GM up 9.4%
- Dog owners face murder charges in Livonia jogger's death
- Suddenly, Tigers' Rajai Davis finds himself at center of attention
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.