It's not just foreign-born stallions that the new Mustang will be chasing. It will also be hoofing after the Chevy Camaro.
With nearly 200 hp driving the front wheels, this five-door hot hatch brings performance without sacrificing room.
Edsel Ford II isn't the only automotive executive searching for a family heirloom.
With eco-friendly cars taking center stage at the 2013 L.A. Auto Show, it was no surprise luxury carmakers wanted to tout their stuff too.
'Tis the season of numerous, often useless, lists aimed at auto consumers. As the holidays approach, everybody car magazines, websites, auto blogs gets in on the 10 best act, with consumer-focused lists to tell you everything you did or didn't want to know about your next car.
We are thankful for food, family, and country ... but not necessarily every car weve owned. The Detroit News auto and business staff present our picks as the biggest turkeys to ever hit the road.
Nissan's small Versa hatchback, renamed the Versa Note for 2014, is a low-priced, high-utility car with an attractive, fresh exterior, notable fuel economy and a surprisingly roomy back seat that accommodates even 6-foot adults.
Santa and his elves have only a few more weeks to fill those packs and hoist them onto the sleigh.
At 6-foot-9, Bob Wingard couldn't fit comfortably behind the wheel of a sports car, so he decided to make his own.
Redding, Calif. Bill Emerson was working as a boat mechanic in Redding when he got the idea to build high-end Cobra sports cars.
Wow. Behind the wheel on Detroit streets with Helio Castroneves and Ed Carpenter in the new C7 Corvette Stingray.
Don't stand too close to that leering Mazda3 over there with the gaping black grille the toothless Appalachian look, I guess. With that pie-hole of a mouth, I'm pretty sure it could inhale us whole, belching out a little puff of gray and Levi-blue smoke afterward.
The recent cold snap was a reminder that the perils of winter driving are just around the corner.
One of the reasons why electric cars are poor sellers is because consumers have little understanding of the financial incentives and other benefits available to owners of the vehicles.
Last summer, I was volunteered to relocate a U-Haul trailer full of household goods from Michigan to Florida.
Now in its 11th generation since it motored into the United States in 1968, the Toyota Corolla qualifies as legendary.
Like a lot of motorists, I put in about the equivalent of a 40-hour workweek behind the wheel each month.
It happens every year. As the new model year dawns, various automobiles pass away some fondly remembered, some ridiculed and reviled.
Sixty years ago next spring, 20-year-old Robert Whiteside took $800 he had earned refereeing high school basketball games in Ohio, bought wood and cast-iron ...
Drivers who listen closely will find that their car is actually communicating with them by using a language all its own.
Rolls-Royce automobiles mean one thing: unrivaled luxury, and I discovered on a recent test drive that the new Rolls-Royce Ghost is no different.
Just mention 'Ford Country Squire' or 'Dodge Royal Sierra Custom,' and I get the sweaty willies.
When we think of small cars, typically images pop up of dull, featureless eco-boxes, efficient perhaps but devoid of fun.
When Brookfield (Wis.) Central High School student Chloe Olier started driving earlier this summer, her parents Dany and Virginie installed a DriveCam, a ...
According to those who track such things, each year some 250,000 vehicles are damaged by hail, and to the tune of more than $3,100 per claim.
Car Rankings From U.S. News
Resources for consumers
- Profiles, specs and prices for any new vehicle, from Cars.com
- Aggregate rankings from published vehicle reviews, compiled by U.S. News & World Report
- Best and worst fuel economy
- Top 10 cash-back offers
- Search for latest rebates
- Best bets in used cars
- Kelley Blue Book used-car values
- Best and worst car resale values
- Understanding warranties
- J.D. Power initial quality rankings
- J.D. Power dependability ratings
- J.D. Power customer service rankings
- J.D. Power sales satisfaction ratings
- NHTSA crash tests and rollover ratings
- Safety ratings by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Finding the best financing deal
- Affordability calculator
- Car loan calculator
- Loan vs. lease calculator
- Cash back vs. low-interest loan
- Vehicle recalls
- Cost of Rose Bowl trip daunting
- Tigers reshape themselves into fleet-footed outfit
- Convicted ex-Mayor Kilpatrick ordered to pay Detroit $4.6M in restitution
- Detroit to hire help to get disorganized bus fare counting on track
- Witness: Madoff wept as he revealed his empire was fraud
- Lopsided loss to Timberwolves exposes Pistons' shortcomings
- Josh Katzenstein handicaps NFC North title chase
- Lions' path to division title is clear: Just win
- Howes: Team player to drive carmaker's future
- Rajai Davis swipes bases, swings well against lefties
- Obama hails Nelson Mandela as 'last great liberator'
- Detroit-shot '12 Monkeys' pilot under way
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.