Love the lines. Like its sister CTS, you want to sweep this beautiful face onto the dance floor. Then the ATS really shows its moves.
One of summer's greatest joys is the reduced volume of freeway traffic during morning and evening rush hours. With Labor Day looming, however, the congestion will amp up and for at least some of us, so will tempers.
A $38.1 million Ferrari 250 GTO Berlinetta led the annual parade of classic car auctions in California to a record tally of more than $350 million.
Grainne Kelly owned a travel agency in Derry, Ireland, and often traveled with her own young children. She'd call to reserve a rental car and a pair of proper booster seats.
This year we honor the Class of 1988. Now old enough to qualify for historic plates, the class featured an assortment of nerds, athletes, and timeless beauties.
In the midst of seemingly endless product recalls, General Motors could do with a lift. And a positive event involving the giant automaker, rescued from bankruptcy by taxpayers just a few years ago, happened recently in an unlikely venue.
Spend any time around a group of car designers and you'll notice them showing each other their watches.
One can hardly take even a short drive these days without spotting a gas/electric hybrid.
The flagship of the Jeep line — the five-passenger Grand Cherokee sport utility vehicle — is both a grand and high-mileage traveler for 2014.
Recently, Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing (3M) received 52 new patents for its technology, which pushed the total for the 112-year-old manufacturing company over the astonishing number of 100,000 patents.
With about a month before the start of school, there's still time to take that family vacation road trip, or at least to plan a great Labor Day end-of-summer weekend up north (and to find an alternative to coming home on I-75, where the traffic seems to s
Industry experts say the RV business is often an indicator of the economy as a whole. When RV sales are struggling, so is the economy.
How do you sell a Porsche SUV? Strap customers into a Cayman and let them loose on a high-speed test track.
$110,000 can buy a nice addition to the house, put a kid through college, or buy a family of four the globe-trotting trip of a lifetime.
The supercharged Hellcat leads an army of updated 2015 Challengers into battle in the white hot War of the Muscle Cars.
Automakers these days can commune with fans in myriad ways beyond traditional advertising, from tweets and YouTube videos to discussion boards, Instagram and ...
Ask any Hollywood producer. There's only one way to go when it comes to monsters in blockbuster sequels. They need to be bigger, badder and more capable of ...
This year, TireRack.com is conducting tests on 10 categories of tires. It has just released the results of its test of what it calls Grand Touring All-Season ...
Plymouth — Thousands of car enthusiasts got their fix Sunday at the Concours d'Elegance of America show.
Inside Tim Kuniskis chest beats a Hemi V8. The chemistry between Dodge's CEO and Challenger is undeniable.
With an easier path for existing diesels to emigrate, the luxury world is awash with new models that were previously off-limits to U.S. drivers. The number of ...
Race car drivers like to say you can never have too much power. By contrast, regular motorists are supposed to be a bit more practical, accepting that 150-300 ...
Plymouth — Pickups are among today's hottest selling vehicles and luxurious ones at that. Many feature heated seats, remote starters and the smooth rides once ...
Tired of your vehicle's drab and dirty cloth interior? Want something easier to clean? Want to upgrade to leather?
Herewith my 2014 list of the best features in autos today – mechanical, digital, aesthetic, and otherwise. What did I miss? Got your favorite feature?
On a sunny day in the Burbank hills, Jay Leno's canary yellow McLaren supercar shatters the silence.
Car Rankings From U.S. News
Resources for consumers
- Profiles, specs and prices for any new vehicle, from Cars.com
- Aggregate rankings from published vehicle reviews, compiled by U.S. News & World Report
- Best and worst fuel economy
- Top 10 cash-back offers
- Search for latest rebates
- Best bets in used cars
- Kelley Blue Book used-car values
- Best and worst car resale values
- Understanding warranties
- J.D. Power initial quality rankings
- J.D. Power dependability ratings
- J.D. Power customer service rankings
- J.D. Power sales satisfaction ratings
- NHTSA crash tests and rollover ratings
- Safety ratings by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Finding the best financing deal
- Affordability calculator
- Car loan calculator
- Loan vs. lease calculator
- Cash back vs. low-interest loan
- Vehicle recalls
- Tigers' brass unrelenting in chase for Cuban defector Rusney Castillo
- Preparation, discipline are Joe Lombardi's priorities as Lions' offensive coordinator
- Southfield's Malik McDowell in mix to play as MSU freshman
- Selfridge A-10's outlook cloudy as air show approaches
- Ford working on Prius rival to meet federal fuel standards
- Reimagining the Detroit riverfront, and beyond
- Former Michigan star Denard Robinson adjusts to being out of spotlight
- Lions vs. Jags: 10 things to watch as the starters stay in longer
- Judge dismisses sexual assault charges against Tigers minor league pitcher Evan Reed
- David Price tosses 1-hitter, Tigers still lose
- The exterior of this 1950s Bloomfield Hills ranch house is very unassuming, very plain Jane. You have to wait for the 'WOW' factor until you step inside.
- Orr increases funds for City Council
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.