The LTZ is Tahoe's flagship. Its interior is bigger than most Manhattan apartments. Yet its athleticism defies the land yacht stereotype.
Believe it or not, vans can be fun. With automakers upgrading the visual and practical appeal of their passenger and commercial vans, consumers with big families and small business owners are in for a treat.
Back in the days when President Ronald Reagan was staring down the Soviet Union, buying a car was often a prolonged process requiring considerable patience and mental endurance from both buyer and salesperson.
In the summer of 1965, Ford introduced a new vehicle that the automaker said was neither a car nor a truck. Instead, said Ford general manger Donald Frey, this new vehicle, the Bronco, 'combined the best of both worlds.'
2011 Accord bests Camry as best-selling used car. Do mom and dad buy new Camry? But budget-conscious junior buys sportier used Accord?
The Chevy Spark and Mitsubishi Mirage are the cheapest cars in the U.S. market. So what does a trip to the auto dollar store buy you?
We all know they're there — that special car tucked away in a backyard garage.
According to the EPA, the average amount of power that 2012 model-year cars and trucks pack under their hoods is 222 horsepower.
Pickup owners know it's more than a pain in the neck to have to carry separate keys for every lock they need.
One of the sure signs of spring in Metro Detroit: classic and custom cars hitting the roads once again.
Raised by 1,000 shiny new robots in Chrysler's revamped Sterling Heights assembly plant, this stallion deserves a look in the midsize Derby. The offspring of Chrysler design and Alfa Romeo engineering, this thoroughbred is Chrysler's hope for glory in the highly competitive midsize sedan segment.
Bankers, butchers and bricklayers all faced the same summer misery in 1950s Dallas: sizzling car seats.
The time has come to add a new phrase to our state's driving vernacular: The Michigan swerve.
I guess I'm not the typical car buyer.
The diesel is the meat in this steak. The Overland's 3.0 liter diesel offers Euro-class cache and good ol' Yankee torque.
VW has cornered the U.S. diesel market with its fuel-efficient 2.0 liter TDI. Only VW's - um - own fuel-efficient 1.8 liter, TSI gas engine stands in the way.
Today marks the first full day of spring 2014, and while it's difficult to envision by the snowbanks outdoors, if they ever melt we soon will be seeing the ...
For most of us, 'do it yourself' in an automotive context means pumping gas, cleaning the windshield, maybe even checking tire pressure.
When it comes to test driving a new car or truck, there's one component that few drivers consider: the audio system.
The AWD Audi A4 and AWD Ford Fusion Titanium have almost identical specs. But only the Audi gets the four-ring badge. Is it worth $7,500? Drivers, start your ...
Really small is cool. That much is evident if you are lucky enough to take a stroll through the ranks of mini cars at the Geneva auto show. The problem is that ...
'Mind the gap' is a warning — sounded from speakers and printed on signs — to remind people to watch their step as they cross the gap between subway platform ...
In early February, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced that it will begin taking steps to enable vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) ...
Car Rankings From U.S. News
Resources for consumers
- Profiles, specs and prices for any new vehicle, from Cars.com
- Aggregate rankings from published vehicle reviews, compiled by U.S. News & World Report
- Best and worst fuel economy
- Top 10 cash-back offers
- Search for latest rebates
- Best bets in used cars
- Kelley Blue Book used-car values
- Best and worst car resale values
- Understanding warranties
- J.D. Power initial quality rankings
- J.D. Power dependability ratings
- J.D. Power customer service rankings
- J.D. Power sales satisfaction ratings
- NHTSA crash tests and rollover ratings
- Safety ratings by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Finding the best financing deal
- Affordability calculator
- Car loan calculator
- Loan vs. lease calculator
- Cash back vs. low-interest loan
- Vehicle recalls
- Detroit student protests U-M admission denial, argues school needs more diversity
- Tigers Mailbag: Were Tigers foolish to not make qualifying offers to Jhonny Peralta, Joaquin Benoit?
- Niklas Kronwall steps up from role player to team leader for Red Wings
- Barra: GM 'agonized' over suspending engineers
- Michigan's Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III declare: 'We're ready for NBA'
- GM will bring subcompact Chevy Trax SUV to U.S.
- No pension cuts for retired Detroit police, firefighters in bankruptcy deal
- Ex-Detroit library official pleads guilty in $1.4M bribery scheme
- Trouble rearing ugly head for first-place Tigers
- State retracts plan to restrict Belle Isle in Sept., says public will have access
- The man who ticked off the NRA - and PETA
- Detroit mob beating victim slowly getting better
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.