New York Nonprofit organization Goodwill Industries Inc. is working with federal officials to investigate a possible security breach.
Washington U.S. retail sales increased slightly in June, evidence that consumers remain cautious despite steady job gains this year.
Trenton, N.J. Tracy Morgan has sued Wal-Mart over last month's highway crash that seriously injured him and killed a fellow comedian.
New York Crumbs says it is shuttering all its stores, a week after the struggling cupcake shop operator was delisted from the Nasdaq.
Some area theater chains are beginning to add or upgrade services to make moviegoing more accessible. Among the devices for the visually impaired is Fidelio, and the hearing impaired can use CaptiView.
New York Target is 'respectfully' asking its customers to not bring firearms into its stores, even where it is allowed by law.
New York The battle for control of clothing chain American Apparel is heating up. Ousted American Apparel CEO Dov Charney has increased his stake in the clothing chain to nearly 43 percent as he fights to keep control of the company he founded in 1998.
The Grand Rapids-based Michigan bookstore chain Schuler Books has acquired Nicola's Books, the independent Ann Arbor bookstore owned and operated by Nicola Rooney for 19 years.
New York IKEA's U.S. division is raising the minimum wage for thousands of its retail workers, pegging it to the cost of living in each location, instead of its competition.
New York Barnes & Noble is going to split its retail and Nook Media businesses into two separate public companies as it looks to boost shareholder value.
Three outlet malls on the drawing board for Metro Detroit are raising some eyebrows about the market for more regional shopping centers. Developers are planning outlet malls in Canton, Chesterfield Township and Romulus, even as some longstanding shopping locations struggle with fewer retail tenants and a shrinking customer base.
New York RadioShack's stock is trading below $1 per share for the first time in its history and has the investment world wondering if it will eventually be delisted.
Camp Hill, Pa. Rite Aid's fiscal first-quarter profit dropped 55 percent as it dealt with higher-than-expected drug costs and reimbursement rate reductions.
New York The Men's Wearhouse fight to own its one-time rival Jos. A. Bank is now complete.
Mackinac Policy Conference
Score two for the Senate in the deadly ignition-switch recall case of prosecutors-turned-senators vs. GM's chief lawyer. - 07/18/2014
Until now, it's been a nearly unknowable number, more revealing than your (real) waist size, more influential than the GDP growth rate, and more closely guarded than the combination to Fort Knox or... - 07/07/2014
In the Blogs
json feed error: status is not ok
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
AP Business Headlines
- Putin blames others for exploiting Ukraine crash - 01:52 AM
- Distraught Dutch mother: 'Send my children home' - 04:27 PM
- Q&A: How Malaysia Airlines can salvage its brand - 11:42 PM
- Asian stocks mostly higher as plane jitters fade - 12:04 AM
- Atlantic City doomed by glut of casinos in region - 10:20 AM
- 5 things Atlantic City is doing to reverse slide - 10:17 AM
- A history of casino revenue, jobs in Atlantic City - 10:19 AM
- McDonald's, KFC in China face new food scandal - 01:13 AM
- Shark sightings off Cape Cod a boon for tourism - 01:31 AM
Business Wire headlines
Latest company announcements of interest to Michigan.
- GM scraps European version of Chevy Volt
- Prosecution, defense try to establish threat level at Dearborn Heights porch shooting
- Unpretentious Rose's Fine Food offers diner fare with unique flair
- Judge: Man accused of slaying Inkster girl, 2, should've been in jail
- Democrat Schauer admits voting Republican in '12 presidential primary
- GM issues six new recalls, calls back 717,000 vehicles in U.S.
- Detroit Land Bank's dilemma: How to handle squatters in foreclosed homes
- Tony Dungy: Michael Sam story isn't about my faith
- Michigan State conditioning coach Ken Mannie keeps players strong for long run
- Wednesday's Tigers-Diamondbacks: Kinsler batting third, Cabrera fourth
- Divorce case exposes bickering between Michael Moore, wife
- Detroit, not Canton Twp., to house U.S.-backed research center
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.