Once you get past the name that would probably better serve a racehorse than an upscale restaurant, Eddie Merlot's has a lot going for it.
At the Signature Grill, Stefanie Delvecchio is known as Computer Girl, because she brings her widescreen laptop downstairs with her and sets it up on the bar.
Restaurants all around town are offering brunches and/or dinners dedicated to the holiday. Expect carved roasts, omelet stations, colorful salads and all of the trimmings befitting what is one of the most popular dining-out days of the year.
Next up, it’s the Craft Beer Expo May 15 at Lake Orion’s Canterbury Village. More than a dozen breweries will be on hand with samples, including five from Michigan.
Coach Insignia is refreshing the unique dining experience it offers on the 71st and 72nd floors of Detroit's Renaissance Center.
When one of the most successful restaurateurs in Metro Detroit adds a fifth restaurant to his empire, there's a built-in clientele itching to check it out.
Atlas Global Bistro announced in a press release this week the Midtown restaurant would close its doors for good following brunch service on May 26.
Celebrity chef and Roast restaurant owner Michael Symon is looking to open one of his B Spot burger restaurants in Detroit, his business partner told The Detroit News.
It happened in just about record time. The new regime completely transformed Bella Piatti from a rustic charcuterie to an intimate Italian restaurant in just a little more than a month, and it’s a beautiful jewel box of a place.
The Metro Detroit Summer Beer Fest is branching off into two events this year, each taking place the first weekend of summer.
After 25 years as a restaurant there’s still something new at the Whitney under proprietors Bud and Patrick Liebler: weekday morning fare.
Coffee lovers, rejoice: Caribou Coffee isn’t completely leaving Michigan. A week after Mike Tattersfield, Caribou president and CEO, said the chain would no longer operate in Michigan, he clarified his statement by saying only nine company-owned stores have closed.
Ninety-seven percent of major restaurant-chain children’s meals were deemed unhealthful in a report by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a consumer-advocacy group.
Café ML, the newest restaurant from the Roberts Restaurant Group, plans to hold a soft opening this week, says proprietor Bill Roberts. He is unsure of the actual date at this time.
Make selections and hit 'Search'
- What's going on? Check the Events Calendar first!
- What's playing? Check the Movie Finder for details
- Leaving town? For listings of Michigan events and attractions, historic sites, recreational sports and family fun, browse www.michigan.org
- BBQ? Check the Recipe Box for ideas
- Dining out? Search the Restaurant Finder, sortable by cuisine or location
- Camping? State camp sites, reservations
- Current weather conditions, extended forecast, for any city
- Traffic and construction updates from MDOT: Road alerts, lane closures, traffic cams
- Projects under construction, from MDOT
- Current lane closures and detours, from MDOT
- Oakland County real-time traffic map, from the county's road commision: Freeway speeds, congestion, roadwork, camera snapshots
- Bridges, borders and ferries news from MDOT
- Delta flights' status
- Check status of any flight
- Airport delays
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.