Voters opted to keep Troy’s mayor and gave the nod to most multi-million dollar proposals for school upgrades.
In the Blogs
Dale Hansen Unfortunately, our political parties value power over patriotism.
Robert Smith Jr. Bing was a businessman who played basketball - just right for the outsiders (and the insiders) that wanted a clean break from all that was Detroit politics.
U.S. election results;
how counties voted
- See how each county voted for president and U.S. Senate, plus U.S. House results, the electoral college vote and the balance of power between parties.
Examining the presidential vote
Faces of 2016
Top super PAC donors
How true are Michigan campaign ads?
Unable to open template http://www.detroitnews.com/legacy/rss/mich_truth_squad.htm, exiting
- Money tangle: The IRS and its tea party tempest - 10:48 AM
- Treasury officials told of IRS probe in June 2012 - 06:40 PM
- Benghazi probe co-chair subpoenaed by House panel - 05:53 PM
- Congress gets mixed advice on regulating drones - 02:45 PM
- Rising consumer demands aids organic industry sway - 12:12 PM
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.