As the Pistons concluded their interview with the Oklahoma City assistant Wednesday, it appears they won’t be bringing in any more candidates, a source tells The Detroit News.
Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News took your questions and comments about the Pistons and upcoming NBA draft Thursday. See what he had to say.
A 32-foot shot with less than a second remaining in regulation to force overtime. Luring Dwyane Wade into a foul and then making three free throws to give the Indiana Pacers the lead with 2.2 seconds left in the extra session.
So whom will the Pistons draft in the first round, now that they know they’re selecting eighth? Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News breaks down the candidates and sets the odds of the Pistons drafting each player.
With the lottery order established Tuesday night, ESPN's Chad Ford released an updated mock draft. He has the Cavaliers taking Kentucky center Nerlens Noel No. 1 and Orlando selecting Michigan guard Trey Burke No. 2.
Winning the coin flip with the Washington Wizards led to the Pistons falling to the eighth spot as opposed to the seventh. The Wizards rose to the top three. Had the coin flip gone the other way, the Pistons would've been in the top three.
Villanueva is in California training for next season and decided to opt-in for the last $8.5 million from a deal he signed in the summer of 2009. Villanueva presumably will return to Detroit if he isn't traded or the team doesn't use the amnesty clause on him in July.
Nick Gilbert and the Cleveland Cavaliers have beaten the NBA lottery odds again. The Cavaliers won the lottery for the second time in three years Tuesday, giving them the No. 1 pick for the June 27 draft.
Tony Parker had 15 points and a career playoff-high 18 assists, Tim Duncan scored San Antonio’s first six points of overtime and the Spurs bounced back after squandering a 13-point lead in the fourth quarter to beat the Memphis Grizzlies 93-89 on Tuesday night.
It’s seemingly taken awhile, but one element of the Pistons’ offseason will be revealed tonight — at least a portion of it — at the draft lottery in New York.
Pistons rookie Andre Drummond turned out to be quite a find with the ninth pick in the 2012 draft and he's no stranger to the camera, so the gregarious center will represent the Pistons at the NBA Draft Lottery in New York on Tuesday.
Tony Parker had 20 points and nine assists, Kawhi Leonard scored 18 points and the Spurs struck first by beating Memphis 105-83 on Sunday. San Antonio raced out to a 17-point lead in the first quarter.
Indiana is 6-0 at home in the playoffs, but this one sure wasn’t easy. Next up is a rematch with Miami, the team that eliminated Indiana last season. Game 1 will be Wednesday at Miami.
Oladipo rose up the draft boards this past season because of his stellar play on both ends of the floor, especially his ability to disrupt offenses by being perhaps the best perimeter defender in college basketball.
Wade walked into a ballroom with roses and hugged Nicole Muxo on Friday night as her classmates from Archbishop Coleman Carroll High School cheered. Muxo ...
If age is only a number, then height serves the same meaningless purpose for Michigan’s Trey Burke, the national player of the year. He feels his skill set and ...
Danny Green failed to step up quickly enough on a pick, allowing Golden State’s Stephen Curry to hit an open 3-pointer. The roar of the Oracle Arena crowd ...
The consensus national player of the year announced he was turning pro last month, and last week the point guard announced he was bypassing more high-profile ...
Questions about their respective athletic abilities is something Michigan’s Tim Hardaway Jr. and the Detroit’s Ray McCallum are being forced to answer for the ...
Georgetown swingman Otto Porter is one of the Pistons’ targets for next month’s NBA draft, and Porter compared himself to a player who just left town.
Carmelo Anthony and the New York Knicks broke out just enough to stay in it. Anthony scored 28 points and the Knicks avoided elimination in the Eastern ...
Georgetown swingman Otto Porter is one of the Pistons’ targets for next month's NBA draft and Porter compared himself to a player who just left town: "Tayshaun ...
Reintroducing himself at the NBA Draft Combine was the main goal for Ray McCallum, the University of Detroit junior point guard who declared for the draft on ...
It’s there where they can begin separating fact from fiction when they actually sit down with college players, beginning the delicate process of figuring out ...
LeBron James scored 23 points, Wade added 18 and the Heat clawed back from an 11-point second-half deficit to beat the Chicago Bulls 94-91 on Wednesday night ...
The critically-acclaimed ESPN "30 for 30" series now has its sights set on the Detroit Pistons teams that won back-to-back NBA titles in 1989 and 1990.
Burke and Hardaway, who were the Wolverines’ leading scorers last season, both are in Chicago to participate in the NBA draft combine, which begins Thursday.
WXYZ (Channel 7) reported that Shaw, who was a member of the Los Angeles Lakers title teams as a player and an assistant coach under Phil Jackson, will get an ...
In a bit of a surprise, Drummond wasn't named to the all-rookie first team by the league's coaches Tuesday. Drummond and Singler made the second team, though.
The NBA draft is June 27, and Detroit News Pistons beat writer Vincent Goodwill is offering up his ranking of the top 20 prospects. Check them out in the ...
Latest Photo Galleries
In the Blogs
Stats, schedules and more
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- 7 Chicago Cubs at Cincinnati , WGN
- 7 Minnesota Detroit , FSD/97.1
- 7 N.Y. Yankees at Tampa Bay , MLB
- 10 Rodriguez vs. Hernandez , ESPN2
- 1 Big Ten, Illinois vs. Minnesota , BTN
- 4:30 Big Ten, Illinois- Minnesota winner vs. Nebraska , BTN
- 8 Big Ten, Ohio Statevs. Indiana , BTN
- 2 Super Regionals, Louisiana-Lafayette vs. Michigan , ESPNU
- 4 Super Regionals, Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma , ESPNU
- 6 Super Regionals, Washington vs. Missouri , ESPNU
- 7 Super Regionals, Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma (if necessary) , ESPN
- 7 Super Regionals, Alabama vs. Tennessee , ESPN2
- 9 Super Regionals, Washington vs. Missouri (if necessary) , ESPN
- 9 Super Regionals, Florida State vs. Texas , ESPNU
- Noon Senior PGA Champ. , GC
- 3 PGA Crowne Plaza Inv. , GC
- 6:30 LPGA Bahamas Cl. , GC
- 11a Indianapolis 500 Carb Day , NBCSN
- Noon Indy Lights Freedom 100 , NBCSN
- 1 Indianapolis 500 Carb Day , NBCSN
- 8:30 Indiana at Miami , TNT
- 7:30 Ottawa at Pittsburgh , NBCSN, CBC
- 8 Indiana at San Antonio , NBA
- Subject to change
Pistons Game Guide
Get in the Game
AP NBA Headlines
- Heat, Pacers say Game 2 should be even better - 05:19 PM
- James, Bryant voted to All-NBA first team - 01:56 PM
- LeBron, Heat dig deep to top Pacers in Game 1 - 07:40 AM
- Pacers see chance slip in Game 1 of East finals - 02:59 AM
- NBA draft order set, so who goes No. 1? - 05:13 PM
- Spurs can't ease up despite 2-0 lead on Grizzlies - 03:29 AM
- Grizzlies rally before losing to Spurs in overtime - 01:29 AM
- Jimmy Howard shuts out 'Hawks as Wings take series stranglehold
- Lions newest RB Reggie Bush ready to work, 'win championships'
- Red Wings have Hawks on ropes, and on brink of elimination
- Prince Fielder's clutch hitting rescues Tigers in 8th
- Conyers apologizes for Farrakhan's anti-Semitic remarks
- Michigan explains origin, purpose of footballs with 'Not in Ohio' label
- Carlo Colaiacovo relishing Red Wings' playoff run
- Tigers' Miguel Cabrera continues on home-run tear; extends streak to four games
- Chief judge slams report critical of troubled Detroit District Court
- Wings win away from accomplishing once-implausible feat
- Tesla, Chrysler spar over loan repayment
- Dallas five-star center Elijah Thomas builds relationship with Michigan
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.