The Grizzlies know they have to stop blowing fourth-quarter leads. Consecutive overtime wins makes the needed corrections much easier for Memphis.
Former Pistons guard Tracy McGrady signed Wednesday to pitch for the Sugar Land Skeeters in the independent Atlantic League.
Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News hosted a live chat on the Pistons and the NBA on Wednesday. If you missed it you can read the full transcript here.
Blowing their playoff opener turned out to be great therapy for the Dallas Mavericks. Eighth-seeded Dallas rolled to a 113-92 victory over San Antonio on Wednesday night, ending a 10-game skid against the Spurs and evening their first-round series at a game each.
Vonleh, a 6-10, 240-pound forward, averaged 11.4 points and 4.0 rebounds in 26.5 minutes for the Hoosiers this season. He was named Big Ten freshman of the year and was placed on the All-Big Ten third team by coaches and media.
Detroit Sports 105.1 FM will be the new flagship station for the Pistons under a multi-year deal that was announced Tuesday.
When the Indiana Pacers needed a lift. Paul George stepped up. All over the court, over and over again. George had 27 points, 10 rebounds and six assists, and the Pacers used a big second-half run to rally for a 101-85 victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday night in Game 2 of their first-round playoff series.
Popovich has been named NBA coach of the year, making him just the third coach in league history to win the award three times in his career.
The Pistons have promised a wide-ranging search for their new head of basketball operations, soliciting assistance from near and far, with research firms leading the pursuit.
The Detroit News' Vincent Goodwill takes a look at four possible Pistons general manager candidates who have ties to Detroit.
The Grizzlies remained steady and took care of business in the extra period. Zach Randolph scored 25 points to help Memphis defeat the Oklahoma City Thunder 111-105 in overtime on Monday night and tie their first-round playoff series at one game apiece.
Mike Woodson had the Knicks on top of their division and in the second round of the playoffs, destinations that had become unreachable and practically unimaginable in New York.
Each of the last two Miami championship runs has been highlighted by moments where a sharpshooter enters a game and immediately provides a surprise spark. James Jones got his turn Sunday.
Dantley began the call to Dery's show by revealing he refused to watch the ESPN '30 for 30' series documentary on the Bad Boys that premiered Thursday night. 'I'm not gonna watch that; you think I'm gonna listen to Isiah talk?' Dantley said, chuckling.
Jeff Teague scored a playoff career-high 28 points, Paul Millsap added 25 and the eighth-seeded Hawks won their first road playoff game in three years, ...
The Pistons have used consulting firms in the Tom Gores regime, and will use Korn Ferry in their search for a new general manager. Jed Hughes will be the point ...
The 2013-14 Pistons season is mercifully over, weeks before fans expected to see a postmortem on a team that started off with a lot of hype, uncertainty and ...
When you cover a beat, you never really get to experience the sorrow and joy of a team's season. You're too busy writing stories, gathering quotes, hopping on ...
As the Pistons gear up for the NBA draft on June, 16 teams begin their quest for a championship. The playoffs start this afternoon, when the Raptors and Nets ...
To pull off the upset against the Oklahoma City Thunder, it would've meant that Kevin Durant left his Superman cape and MVP mind-set at home, to prepare for ...
He's seen plenty of things in four years: player mutinies, coach hirings and firings, chicanery and the like, but hasn't felt the pleasure of winning, not in ...
Hill, though, has told people close to him he won't consider a front-office position this close to retirement, but down the line when his children get older, ...
The year was 1989, and despite many wonderful things in Detroit sports the Bad Boy Pistons captured our imaginations more than anybody else. They were brash, ...
Kohl announced the deal Wednesday at the BMO Harris Bradley Center hours before the team was to play its final game of a dismal season. The deal is subject to ...
Billups learned how to set up a draft room. He learned what executives looked for when evaluating talent. Now, he believes he's ready to move into the front ...
The person who replaces Joe Dumars will face a number of tough decision aside from just free agency, trades and draft picks. Here are some questions the new GM ...
Vincent Goodwill of The Detroit News hosted a live chat on the Pistons on Tuesday. If you missed it you can read the complete transcript here.
Keep in mind, he'll smartly dribble away from the topic, as he did last week by saying in a manner that cut off the conversation, 'I'm not even thinking about ...
A look at the career of Pistons player and executive Joe Dumars, who stepped down Monday as Pistons president of basketball operations.
No one wants to see that garbage. They are out of sight and out of mind -- the worst spot you can be in as a professional sports franchise.
AP NBA Headlines
- Pacers on the ropes after another loss to Hawks - 03:02 AM
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead - 02:40 AM
- Teague, Korver lead Hawks past Pacers 98-85 - 10:58 PM
- Silver: Premature to say union will opt out of CBA - 07:49 PM
- Bobcats' McRoberts fined $20,000 for LeBron foul - 05:36 PM
- When Bosh steps up, Heat reap benefits - 10:09 AM
- NBA Calendar - 08:29 AM
Pistons' salary cap corner
- 2013-14 salary cap: $58.5 million (2012-13 cap was $58.044 million).
- Current Piston salaries for 2013-14 season: $35,045,558.
- Approximate salary cap space for 2013-14 season: $22,998,442 (not including slotted salary for 2013 first-round draft pick).
- PF Charlie Villanueva: $8,580,000
- SG/PG Rodney Stuckey: $8,500,000 (not fully guaranteed)
- PF/SF Jonas Jerebko: $4,500,000 PF/C
- Greg Monroe: $4,086,454 PG/SG
- Brandon Knight: $2,793,960 C
- Andre Drummond: $2,462,400 C
- Slava Kravtsov: $1,500,000 (not fully guaranteed)
- SF/SG Kyle Singler: $1,045,000
- SF Khris Middleton: $788,872 SG
- Kim English: $788,872 (not fully guaranteed)
Stats, schedules and more
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- 8 Pittsburgh at St. Louis, MLB
- 8 Detroit at Minnesota, FSD/97.1
- 4:30 Patriot, Loyola vs. Colgate, CBSSN
- 5 Atlantic Coast, Syracuse vs. Duke, ESPNU
- 7:30 Atlantic Coast, Notre Dame vs. Maryland, ESPNU
- 7:30 Patriot, Army vs. Lehigh, CBSSN
- 5 Purdue at Wisconsin, BTN
- 8 Michigan at Illinois (DH), BTN
- 10 Oregon at Stanford, ESPNU
- 9:30 a.m. European China Open, GC
- 3 PGA Zurich Classic, GC
- 6:30 LPGA Swinging Skirts Classic, GC
- 10 a.m. Sprint Toyota 400 practice, FS1
- 1 Sprint Toyota 400 practice, FS1
- 3 Nationwide ToyotaCare 250 qualifying, ESPN2
- 5 Sprint Toyota 400 qualifying, FS1
- 7 Nationwide ToyotaCare 250, ESPN2
- 7 Toronto at Brooklyn, ESPN2
- 8 Chicago at Washington, ESPN
- 10:30 Houston at Portland, ESPN
- 7 N.Y. Rangers at Philadelphia, CNBC
- 8 Chicago at St. Louis, NBCSN, CBC
- 10:30 Dallas at Anaheim, NBCSN
- Subject to change
Pistons Game Guide
Get in the Game
- End appears near for reeling Red Wings
- Tigers backup catcher Bryan Holaday draws rave reviews
- Michigan mom 'at wit's end' charged with trying to kill teen with autism
- Tigers far from perfect, but again they do enough to win
- Matthew Stafford certain Lions' offense will remain aggressive under new staff
- Ford not expected to match last year's quarterly earnings
- Leon & Lulu's owners bring the store's unique style to their personal space.
- MSU recruiting big, athletic Minnesota OT Drayton Carlberg
- Capitol Park: Where Detroit's past and future intersect
- Chris McCosky's game-by-game Lions predictions
- Henrik Zetterberg's return provides lift for Red Wings, but it's not enough
- 33 current, former Detroit employees charged with unemployment fraud
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.