Iowa basketball player Peter Jok was arrested Monday night and charged with driving his moped on a revoked license. This is the second moped-related arrest in three months for Jok, who will be a sophomore for the Hawkeyes this fall.
Southeastern Conference commissioner Mike Slive is confident the NCAA reform he's been pushing for years will take a big step toward becoming a reality in August.
Michigan State senior safety Kurtis Drummond and Michigan senior quarterback Devin Gardner are among the 42 players who will represent their schools at the Big Ten Kickoff later this month in Chicago.
Ohio State hasn't always gotten enough credit for the '98 percent' of what it does outside of athletics, the university's new president said Wednesday as he pledged to raise all the features of the school's profile.
Tuesday's celebration attracted a crowd of about 2,000 fans, who listened to music from a cover band and watched as fireworks went off at the end of the night. There also were big inflatable houses for the kids.
Indiana is going to begin guaranteeing multi-year scholarships to athletes and will agree not to reduce the amount of money students on partial scholarship receive year to year based on illness, injury or ability.
The head of the Big Ten is painting a dire picture of what college sports would look like if players were allowed to be paid. He says his conference likely would cease to exist and the Rose Bowl probably would not be played.
Joyner, the Penn State athletic director who steered the department following the Jerry Sandusky scandal and Joe Paterno's death, will resign Aug. 1.
Latest Headlines Updated Jul 22, 2014 at 11:44 am
- Detroit's Ray McCallum stars as Kings win Las Vegas summer league 11:44 am
- Longtime Michigan athletics PR director Jim Schneider passes away6:29 pm
- Michigan's Nik Stauskas concludes 'great first experience' of summer league on high note3:45 pm
- Pistons not currently evaluating possibility of moving downtown5:39 pm
- Racehorse owned by Britain's queen fails dope test3:43 pm
- Red Wings will be on NBC or NBCSN 15 times this season12:08 pm
- Spartans snubbed on ESPN ranking of top defenses in college football1:18 pm
- Tony Dungy explains context, timing of interview about Michael Sam1:54 pm
- Torii Hunter, Austin Jackson homer to support Justin Verlander in Tigers' win3:15 am
- World Cup star James Rodriguez signs with Real Madrid; Michigan Stadium appearance unlikely4:04 pm
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
Get in the Game
Celebrate the Spartans' Rose Bowl victory with a hardcover book
"Return To Roses" chronicles the thrilling Michigan State championship football season and Rose Bowl, with photos, games stories, features and columns by The Detroit News. Order yours at www.kcisports.com or call 1-800-697-3756.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.