These weren't exactly the big, bad Wolves. But Minnesota's bigs certainly made Detroit's look bad for much of Tuesday night's game at the Palace of Auburn Hills, a 121-94 home-wrecking that offered another reminder how much easier the Pistons have it in the Eastern Conference.
They have technically been in control of their destiny since beating the Bears in Week 10 and posting a 6-3 record. But you would think, if they were truly in control, they would have secured the division title by now; they wouldn't have given away a home loss to the Buccaneers or found a way to blow fourth-quarter leads in three of their last four games.
The Red Wings held a comfortable two-goal lead heading into the final period, but saw the lowly Florida Panthers rally with two third-period goals Tuesday then defeat the Panthers 2-1 in the shootout for a 3-2 victory.
Dave Dombrowski, the Tigers president and general manager, couldn't confirm any deals Tuesday. A physical is believed to be the final hurdle. But
With the Lions, Bears and Packers all challenging for the NFC North title and an automatic spot in the playoffs, Josh Katzenstein of The Detroit News
Narduzzi was selected ahead of four other finalists, including Florida State defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt, Duke offensive coordinator/QB coach
Michigan quarterback Devin Gardner did not participate in the Wolverines' first bowl practice and will miss the second, as well, while he recovers
The Pistons gave their fans very little to cheer Tuesday for the second straight home outing, falling 121-94 at The Palace. Kevin Love led the
Yzerman, a winner of three Stanley Cups and a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, will participate in the 2013 Maple Leafs vs. Red Wings Alumni
Josh McFolley scored 16 points to lead five players in double figures and Mount Clemens shot past King, 76-53, in the season opener for both teams.
- Tuesday's high school roundup: Royal Oak rallies past Madison in boys basketball
- Detroit News preseason top 20 players: Consortium's Josh Jackson ranks with all-time best
- Southeastern's youth shows in loss to Chicago Orr in Derrick Coleman Midwest Challenge
- Monday's high schools roundup: Taylor Kennedy boys basketball holds off Detroit C.C.
Reserve Mitch Baenziger had 14 points for Oakland (2-8), which lost its 11th straight away from home. The Golden Grizzlies started 0-7 against a
Latest Headlines Updated Dec 11, 2013 at 1:00 am
Detroit Red Wings
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- 7 North Dakota State at Notre Dame, ESPNU
- 7:30 Bryant at Ohio State, BTN
- 7 Ferris State at Michigan, FSD+
- 11:30 Thailand Champ., GC
- 7 Ontario League, Saginaw at Plymouth, COM900
- 8 Chicago at New York, ESPN
- 8 Detroit at New Orleans, FSD/97.1
- 10:30 Dallas at Golden State, ESPN
- 8 Philadelphia at Chicago, NBCSN
- 2:30 UEFA, Celtic at Barcelona, FSD
- 2:30 UEFA, Arsenal at Napoli, FS1
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
Get in the Game
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.