The 2008 Buick Enclave SUV took our breath away. Six years later, Buick's refreshed, franchise vehicle tries to maintain its va-voom factor.
The Dodge Grand Caravan deserves its own room at the Smithsonian when Dodge retires the line. It's a practical, versatile, comfortable, rolling condo with enough interior room for an art house movie preview or your pet yak.
Well, it seems those old 'auto wrap' email come-ons are making the rounds again; I've had a couple such offers pop up in my inbox in the past few days.
What's the most commonly used fuel source for cars and trucks around the world? If you guessed gasoline, you are correct. And in second place … yes, diesel.
Every couple of months, Craig Heiser sees a car putter into his garage without a catalytic converter.
What do Ford trucks and Jaguar cars have in common? I sat down with Jag engineer Richardson to talk about the F-Type/F-150 aluminum odd couple.
This week's test car is the Jetta GLI, a fine example of European engineering. It's not the best in class by objective measure but it's a pleasure to drive.
The compact crossover is taking over the world. The Ford Escape and Chevy Equinox bring serious pistols to the fight. Twenty paces, gents.
What do you actually do with a $320,000 car? Drive it, you say. Relish the experience, even if you don't own the car? Well, life is not that simple.
Virginia Beach, Va. — To a generation of adolescent boys with Farrah Fawcett posters on their bedroom walls, the 1977 Pontiac Trans Am nature was every bit as sexy as the iconic blonde, an image burnished by the 1977 film 'Smokey and the Bandit.'
When the economy went sour a few years ago, Owosso-based Rugged Liner needed to do something creative to keep its 80 employees busy producing protective heavy-duty plastic liners for pickup beds.
Aston makes the most beautiful cars on the road. Period. On track the powerful, nimble Vantage romps about like Andre Drummond on a nerf basketball court:
This vicious, road-eating, ear-splitting cat is the first true sports car that Jaguar has made since the E-Type died off in 1974. It is glorious.
I see another trend on Detroit's automotive horizon: car tattoos. There's some history for this. The largest tattoo shop in 1925 America was run by Professor Percy Waters on Randolph Street in Detroit. Today, Flint — birthplace of General Motors — has the most tattoo shops per capita in the country, according to a recent MSNBC Today show story.
Like Legos, Jeeps seem designed to be taken apart and put back together in various configurations. And it's not only off-roading Jeep owners who do such things.
A massive sinkhole that swallowed eight prized sports cars at the National Corvette Museum has become such a popular attraction that officials want to preserve ...
After chasing Wester in the sensational 4C sports car, I caught up with him to talk Alfas, American drivers, and the death of manual transmissions.
Buyers of luxury sport utility vehicles keep choosing one SUV — the Lexus RX — in greater numbers than any other. It's easy to see why.
Alfa is back in the U.S. and it's well worth the wait. The fast 4C is a video game racer come to life. Thank the wedding of Fiat-Chrysler for this child ...
'Tis the season of car shows, cruises, meet-ups and other events that honor classic vintage vehicles.
Security features are standard on most newer cars, but that doesn't mean you can't add components.
Tony Lombardi's new 1930 Model A Ford hot rod is no trailer queen. Since its completion, it already has carried Lombardi and his 15-year-old daughter, Julia, ...
Detroit — Don Dale got his first Corvette when he was 16 years old. It was a 1968 Corvette with 427 horsepower under the hood.
My 2103 Vehicle of the Year is a silvery, sexy, space age machine. But are starfighters supposed to come with four-cylinders?
How good is the new V-dub GTI? While testing it on California's notorious, twisty Route 1, I was picking fights with Ferraris.
Last week, I was walking the leafy environs of the 2014 Greenwich Concours d'Elegance when I spied a 1939 Mercedes-Benz 170 V Roadster that captured my heart.
Reinvigorating a faded premium automotive brand is almost as hard as starting a new one. Just ask Lincoln, Ford's upscale nameplate, which is taking its first ...
With a British father and an American mother, and spending most of his childhood in England before coming to the United States for high school, Luke Richards ...
Car Rankings From U.S. News
Resources for consumers
- Profiles, specs and prices for any new vehicle, from Cars.com
- Aggregate rankings from published vehicle reviews, compiled by U.S. News & World Report
- Best and worst fuel economy
- Top 10 cash-back offers
- Search for latest rebates
- Best bets in used cars
- Kelley Blue Book used-car values
- Best and worst car resale values
- Understanding warranties
- J.D. Power initial quality rankings
- J.D. Power dependability ratings
- J.D. Power customer service rankings
- J.D. Power sales satisfaction ratings
- NHTSA crash tests and rollover ratings
- Safety ratings by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Finding the best financing deal
- Affordability calculator
- Car loan calculator
- Loan vs. lease calculator
- Cash back vs. low-interest loan
- Vehicle recalls
- Sources: Pistons land free agents Caron Butler, D.J. Augustin
- Futures All-Star Jake Thompson feels he's 'not that far away' from joining Tigers
- Automakers speed up debuts to survive in tough market
- Greg Monroe's return to Pistons is no sure thing
- Saying goodbye after 35 years of writing about great athletes and coaches
- Lions' Reggie Bush marries Lilit Avagyan in San Diego
- 1 dead, 1 injured in crash on Detroit's west side
- Tigers minor league report: 1B Jordan Lennerton perking up at the plate in Toledo
- Column: This time, let Israel finish job
- Debt collectors take chase to social media
- Justin Verlander mum about where (and with whom) he'll spend All-Star break
- With sweep in sight, Tigers succumb to Royals' five-run seventh
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.