Hard Rock Cafe has added a jumbo combo appetizer platter and massive burger, among other updates, and Griffin Claw is making its own vodka and gin now. Plus, the food and beverage calendar.
Pop-up restaurants are all the rage in Metro Detroit lately, and the foodie's fascination gets kicked up a notch with Dining in the Dark, a blindfolded, three-course culinary event.
The Detroit River space has a straightforward American menu, a friendly welcome and the kind of comfortably unpretentious atmosphere that comes with a family-run restaurant.
Chef Lorraine Platman is set to bring Sweet Lorraine's Fabulous Mac n' Cheez to Midtown this summer. Also, Bastone celebrates its 10th anniversary, Zen Center expands hours and the food and beverage calendar.
Diners can expect fare that's just a little more festive than on regular weekends. Extra dishes are added to the buffet tables, and plated entrees are elegantly garnished on days such as this.
Airport will add 25 local and national chain eateries in 2015, Chef Zack Sklar and his Peas & Carrots Hospitality group have purchased Bloomfield Hills mainstay Beau Jack's, plus the food and beverage events calendar.
The reborn spot, open barely two weeks now, is getting rave reviews from people who already loved the Mediterranean fare with a Balkan twist.
The Anchor Bar in downtown Detroit, best known as a hangout for Red Wings fans, is hosting a recurring community forum, 'Beer & Politics.'
The Woodward Avenue Brewers in Ferndale re-opened last week after nine days of updating to unveil a completely new, more beer-friendly menu.
Chicago's Chef Takashi Yagihashi will bring his inventive ramen bowls, tapas and sushi to Ann Arbor this month when Slurping Turtle opens at 608 E. Liberty.
While it's true only a few local restaurants have in-house pastry chefs, there are certain restaurants that pride themselves on offering distinctive desserts that seamlessly fit their profile.
Tent parties will pop up all over downtown, and sports bars of all stripes in Metro Detroit will take advantage of the better-than-usual Monday afternoon business. See our list of parties and events.
With upscale fare and modern décor, Socialight aims to bring a bit of Birmingham class to a West Bloomfield Township strip mall.
Detroit Restaurant Week will return for a 10th time to fine dining establishments in and around downtown Detroit on April 11-20.
Park Grill will re-open Monday after an eight-month renovation and expansion project. Benihana has a special offer to celebrate its birthday. Grille Midtown ...
The Bird & the Bread serves just about the best rotisseried-chicken around. The big kitchen behind the scenes also makes a rustic array of breads and delicious ...
Green-clothed beer aficionados grabbed cold ones at local pubs on a Monday in which the Irish and Irish-at-heart celebrated St. Patrick's Day.
Make selections and hit 'Search'
- What's going on? Check the Events Calendar first!
- What's playing? Check the Movie Finder for details
- Leaving town? For listings of Michigan events and attractions, historic sites, recreational sports and family fun, browse www.michigan.org
- BBQ? Check the Recipe Box for ideas
- Dining out? Search the Restaurant Finder, sortable by cuisine or location
- Camping? State camp sites, reservations
- Current weather conditions, extended forecast, for any city
- Traffic and construction updates from MDOT: Road alerts, lane closures, traffic cams
- Projects under construction, from MDOT
- Current lane closures and detours, from MDOT
- Oakland County real-time traffic map, from the county's road commision: Freeway speeds, congestion, roadwork, camera snapshots
- Bridges, borders and ferries news from MDOT
- Delta flights' status
- Check status of any flight
- Airport delays
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.