Voters opted to keep Troy’s mayor and gave the nod to most multi-million dollar proposals for school upgrades.
In the Blogs
Bill Johnson Detroiters are better off gleaning what little is palatable from his message - and ignoring the rest of his rant.
Mako Yamakura As the media departs, so does the national interest. This is the time in every disaster that many people require a different kind of help.
U.S. election results;
how counties voted
- See how each county voted for president and U.S. Senate, plus U.S. House results, the electoral college vote and the balance of power between parties.
Examining the presidential vote
Faces of 2016
Top super PAC donors
How true are Michigan campaign ads?
Unable to open template http://www.detroitnews.com/legacy/rss/mich_truth_squad.htm, exiting
- House GOP panel moves on deep budget cuts - 09:44 PM
- Official: Treasury played no role in IRS targeting - 09:48 AM
- House panel seeks to curb military sexual assaults - 09:15 AM
- Republican divisions may hinder party's momentum - 07:22 AM
- Immigration bill heads to full Senate - 04:21 AM
- Details of the Senate immigration bill - 03:28 AM
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.