In the Blogs
Jeff Hadden There's all kinds of bad news in Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr's report to the city's creditors.
Dawud Walid Republican national leadership still has not learned its lesson from last year’s defeat in pushing social legislation in Congress.
Jason Vines I'm reminded of Hoffa Jr.'s anti-tea party admonition last year when campaigning for President Obama in Detroit.
U.S. election results;
how counties voted
- See how each county voted for president and U.S. Senate, plus U.S. House results, the electoral college vote and the balance of power between parties.
Examining the presidential vote
Faces of 2016
Top super PAC donors
How true are Michigan campaign ads?
Unable to open template http://www.detroitnews.com/legacy/rss/mich_truth_squad.htm, exiting
- House panel starts rewrite of No Child Left Behind - 09:51 AM
- House to consider cuts to food stamps - 04:11 AM
- Capitol's Frederick Douglass statue to be unveiled - 04:02 AM
- Budget office view boosts Senate immigration bill - 03:22 AM
- Social issues still fire up GOP despite 2012 loss - 03:21 AM
- Obama tests political might in Boston, Miami - 09:01 PM
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.