Indiana is 6-0 at home in the playoffs, but this one sure wasn’t easy. Next up is a rematch with Miami, the team that eliminated Indiana last season. Game 1 will be Wednesday at Miami.
Oladipo rose up the draft boards this past season because of his stellar play on both ends of the floor, especially his ability to disrupt offenses by being perhaps the best perimeter defender in college basketball.
Wade walked into a ballroom with roses and hugged Nicole Muxo on Friday night as her classmates from Archbishop Coleman Carroll High School cheered. Muxo posted a YouTube video in April asking Wade to the prom.
If age is only a number, then height serves the same meaningless purpose for Michigan’s Trey Burke, the national player of the year. He feels his skill set and accomplishments should speak more to NBA teams than the concerns about how tall he is.
Danny Green failed to step up quickly enough on a pick, allowing Golden State’s Stephen Curry to hit an open 3-pointer. The roar of the Oracle Arena crowd Thursday night was nothing compared to Tony Parker’s tirade at Green over the defensive lapse.
The consensus national player of the year announced he was turning pro last month, and last week the point guard announced he was bypassing more high-profile sports agents to sign with his father, Benji Burke, a newly licensed agent, and his cousin, Alonzo Shavers, who has a relatively small list of NFL clients.
Questions about their respective athletic abilities is something Michigan’s Tim Hardaway Jr. and the Detroit’s Ray McCallum are being forced to answer for the first time in their careers.
Georgetown swingman Otto Porter is one of the Pistons’ targets for next month’s NBA draft, and Porter compared himself to a player who just left town.
Carmelo Anthony and the New York Knicks broke out just enough to stay in it. Anthony scored 28 points and the Knicks avoided elimination in the Eastern Conference semifinals with an 85-75 victory over the Indiana Pacers in Game 5 on Thursday night.
Georgetown swingman Otto Porter is one of the Pistons’ targets for next month's NBA draft and Porter compared himself to a player who just left town: "Tayshaun Prince."
Reintroducing himself at the NBA Draft Combine was the main goal for Ray McCallum, the University of Detroit junior point guard who declared for the draft on the last possible day.
It’s there where they can begin separating fact from fiction when they actually sit down with college players, beginning the delicate process of figuring out who’s the best fit for the type of team Pistons president Joe Dumars is trying to build.
LeBron James scored 23 points, Wade added 18 and the Heat clawed back from an 11-point second-half deficit to beat the Chicago Bulls 94-91 on Wednesday night and close out their second-round series in five games.
The critically-acclaimed ESPN "30 for 30" series now has its sights set on the Detroit Pistons teams that won back-to-back NBA titles in 1989 and 1990.
Burke and Hardaway, who were the Wolverines’ leading scorers last season, both are in Chicago to participate in the NBA draft combine, which begins Thursday.
WXYZ (Channel 7) reported that Shaw, who was a member of the Los Angeles Lakers title teams as a player and an assistant coach under Phil Jackson, will get an ...
In a bit of a surprise, Drummond wasn't named to the all-rookie first team by the league's coaches Tuesday. Drummond and Singler made the second team, though.
The NBA draft is June 27, and Detroit News Pistons beat writer Vincent Goodwill is offering up his ranking of the top 20 prospects. Check them out in the ...
Tony Parker had 25 points and 10 assists, and the San Antonio Spurs held the Golden State Warriors’ starting backcourt to 13 points for a 109-91 victory ...
LeBron James and the Miami Heat didn’t even give the Chicago Bulls room to breathe, practically squeezing the playoff life out of them to take a commanding ...
The Pistons will interview former assistant coach and current Knicks assistant Darrell Walker, the Detroit News has learned. Walker was a Pistons assistant ...
Harrison Barnes had 26 points and 10 rebounds, Stephen Curry scored 22 on an injured left ankle and the Golden State Warriors rallied past the San Antonio ...
Finding a coach who can stay employed for longer than two seasons and using their precious cap space wisely lessens the pressure of a first-round pick having ...
Roy Hibbert had 24 points and 12 rebounds and Paul George had 14 points, eight rebounds and eight assists to lead Indiana past New York, 82-71, in Game 3 of ...
LeBron James made a clutch 3-pointer with 2-1/2 minutes remaining and finished with 25 points, eight rebounds and seven assists as Miami reclaimed home-court ...
While Chicago was worried about Luol Deng's health, Miami was bracing for the first game of the series at United Center. It’s the Heat’s first trip to Chicago ...
Bryant, the Los Angeles Lakers guard, said in a court filing that he never gave his mother permission to sell mementos from his high school days and early ...
Ray Allen scored 21 points in 19 minutes, LeBron James finished with 19 points and nine assists, and the Heat led by as many as 46 on the way to a 115-78 ...
Mike Conley hit a 3-pointer from the left wing with 1:58 left to put the Grizzlies ahead to stay, then added an 18-foot jumper to stretch the lead to 94-90. ...
Jackson flew into the Detroit area Monday and was scheduled to meet with Pistons president Joe Dumars on Tuesday afternoon. Media weren't allowed into the ...
Latest Photo Galleries
In the Blogs
Stats, schedules and more
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- 1:30 L.A. Dodgers at Atlanta , TBS
- 2 N.Y. Mets at Chicago Cubs , WGN
- 8 Detroit at Texas , ESPN/97.1
- Noon NCAA, North Carolina vs. Denver , ESPNU
- 2:30 NCAA, Duke vs. Notre Dame , ESPNU
- 3:30 Regionals , ESPN2
- 6 Regionals , ESPN2
- 6 Regionals , ESPNU
- 8:30 Regionals , ESPNU
- 1 Tour of California , NBC
- 6:30 Tour of California , NBCSN
- 10a X Games , ESPN
- 5a Euro. World Match Play , GC
- 1 PGA Byron Nelson Ch. , GC
- 3 PGA Byron Nelson Ch. , CBS
- 3 Web.com BMW Charity Pro-Am , GC
- 5 LPGA Mobile Bay Classic , GC
- 8a MotoGP World Ch. French Grand Prix , SP
- Noon Indianapolis 500 Bump Day , NBCSN
- Noon MotoGP Moto2 French Grand Prix , SP
- 2 ARCA Menards 200 , SP
- 4 Australian V8 Supercars Austin 400 , SP
- 8 NHRA Kansas N'tls , ESPN2
- 3:30 Memphis at San Antonio , ABC
- 3 N.Y. Rangers at Boston , NBC
- 7:30 Pittsburgh at Ottawa , NBCSN, CBC
- 10:30a Premier, Arsenal at Newcastle , ESPN2
- 10:30a Premier, West Brom Albion at Manchester United , FSD
- 1:10 MLS, Los Angeles at New York , ESPN2
- 11 Liga MX, Cruz Azul at Santos , ESPN2
- Subject to change
Pistons Game Guide
Get in the Game
AP NBA Headlines
- Anthony blocked in 4th as Knicks knocked out - 01:04 AM
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6 - 12:53 AM
- Pacers' Hill cleared to play Game 6 vs. Knicks - 07:12 PM
- Unlikely Big 3 has Memphis in 1st Western finals - 05:30 PM
- Mayor: Deal to sell Kings has been signed - 03:14 PM
- After eliminating Warriors, Spurs look to Memphis - 03:23 AM
- Spurs hold off Warriors, advance to West finals - 02:21 AM
- Red Wings get under the Blackhawks' skin -- and right back in the series
- Small Florida city wonders who won $590M-plus Powerball jackpot
- Game 3 keys: Wings' Howard vs. Blackhawks' Crawford an intriguing subplot
- Bad news: We have a surplus
- 10 players Tigers would love to have on draft day
- This is why the Tigers refused to dump Rick Porcello in a trade
- Man arraigned in attempted Grosse Pointe Park firebombing
- Corktown course offers miniature golf with an urban twist
- Charles Woodson 'open' to playing for Lions, if money's right
- State boating rules tightened, safety promoted as season starts
- Anibal Sanchez latest Tigers starter to get rocked
- Al Borges fine with Michigan's Devin Gardner seeking QB guru's help
More from The Detroit News
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.