Lausanne, Switzerland — As the IOC seeks to dispel concerns the Olympics are too expensive, two former host cities and one former also-ran advanced to the final phase Monday in the troubled race for the 2022 Winter Games.
Expanded AP coverage
Latest Photo Galleries
AP Olympics Headlines
- Pyeongchang's 2018 Olympic committee faced audit - 10:55 PM
- American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel - 10:57 AM
- Gaza war rages despite Hamas, Israel truce pledges - 12:25 AM
- US working on case against Russia on downed plane - 03:11 AM
- Porch shooter: I didn't know gun was loaded - 08:52 PM
- House passes $20B bill cutting IRS tax enforcement - 09:40 PM
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.