White Sox 11, Tigers 4
It was definitely something to cringe about in the Tigers' 11-4 loss on Tuesday night to the Chicago White Sox. The line on Soria: One-third of an inning, six hits, four runs, four earned runs, two home runs
The Tigers continue to furiously race against the clock, in search of another arm or two ahead of baseball's 4 p.m. Thursday trade deadline. And, interestingly, they are open to both starting and relief pitching.
- MORE SPORTS
- Michigan State's Shilique Calhoun feels fine in the spotlight
- Lions start Calvin Johnson slow in training camp, aiming to keep him healthy
- Michigan players think offseason team functions will help forge better record
- Joakim Soria's task: Shake off rocky outing with Tigers
- Once-homeless Detroiter joins in for new challenge — soccer
It's fair to expect Riddick to have a lot more touches this season. At Notre Dame, Riddick played some slot receiver, so his versatility will provide
Over the next 36 hours or so, you can expect the rumors to fly like Dee Gordon — fast and furious — and team executives to put those unlimited
There is no doubt Michigan State was rolling. Its only loss came in the fourth week of the season at Notre Dame, and by the time the Spartans headed
But Michigan coach Brady Hoke on Tuesday, during the final session of the Big Ten Media Days, said sophomore De'Veon Smith appears to have the edge
- Michigan's Jabrill Peppers spectacular at times but also learning, Devin Gardner says
- Big Ten football championship odds: Spartans 15-4, Wolverines 9-1
- Report: Williams College sharpshooter Duncan Robinson visiting Michigan
- Devin Gardner improves practice habits with tips from Tom Brady, Peyton Manning
Forward Tomas Tatar and the Red Wings have agreed to a three-year deal worth $2.75 million annually.
A judge ruled against Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling on Monday in his attempt to block the $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to
The landmark at Firestone Country Club is among the most popular in America, a massive water tower in the shape of a golf ball on a tee. Tiger Woods
- Sunday's golf roundup: Grosse Ile's Justin Hicks finishes third at Canadian Open
- Saturday's golf roundup: Jim Furyk sitting pretty for third his Canadian Open title
- Friday's golf roundup: Jim Furyk, Tim Petrovic share Canadian Open lead
- Thursday's golf roundup: Wyandotte's Justin Hicks starts strong in Canadian Open
The NCAA agreed Tuesday to settle a class-action head-injury lawsuit by creating a $70 million fund to diagnose thousands of current and former college athletes to determine if they suffered brain trauma playing football, hockey, soccer and other contact sports.
Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany would not go as far as his Big 12 counterpart, Bob Bowlsby, whose colorful criticism of NCAA enforcement recently
Roush confirmed the decision Sunday, a move that had been long expected but could not be substantiated because Edwards refuses to publicly discuss
Approximately 1,000 tickets for the Manchester United vs. Real Madrid match at Michigan Stadium have been made available by promoters and are available at mgoblue.com/tickets.
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- ■12:30 Washington at Miami, MLB
- ■3:30 Pittsburgh at San Francisco, MLB
- ■6:30 Big League World Series, Puerto Rico vs. Clearwater, Fla., ESPN2
- ■7 L.A. Angels at Baltimore, ESPN
- ■7 Chicago White Sox at Detroit, FSD/97.1
- ■7 International Ch. Cup, Manchester City vs. Liverpool, FS1
- ■9 MLS, New York at Real Salt Lake, ESPN2
- Subject to change
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
Get in the Game
Celebrate the Spartans' Rose Bowl victory with a hardcover book
"Return To Roses" chronicles the thrilling Michigan State championship football season and Rose Bowl, with photos, games stories, features and columns by The Detroit News. Order yours at www.kcisports.com or call 1-800-697-3756.
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.