It's easy to get lost in the fine print. Bell, the Lions running back and ex-Wayne State star, understands that as well as anyone in the NFL, where the daily transaction reports manage to turn life-altering — and often career-ending — decisions into a tidy list of agate type.
- Hardworking Calvin Johnson poised to soar past another big Lions record
- Lions kicker David Akers vows to keep 'fighting' through struggles
- Lions set to face pick-free Eagles QB Nick Foles
- As free agency looms, Lions backup QB Shaun Hill content to stay in the moment
Are the Tigers actually poised to have a boring winter meetings, for once, when the annual baseball swap meet convenes next week on the expansive Disney campus in Orlando? That's doubtful, of course. But here's where they stand today.
Sam Webb: He entered the season as the top player in Scout.com's Michigan prospect rankings for 2015, and it didn't take long for him to show why. The four-star athlete delivered impressive rushing performances against some stout teams.
Allen Trieu: Having football recruits come to basketball games is a common practice, but for a group of select visitors to East Lansing on Wednesday, they also were privy to a football practice as the Spartans were preparing to take on OSU in the Big Ten title game.
The Spartans have been on this stage, and they understand what the pressure will be like on that night. Sure, Ohio State has played in the spotlight before, but this year's team might not realize what it's in store at Lucas Oil Field in Indianapolis.
Castellanos, 21, has been the most entertaining story of player development in the Tigers system since he was drafted in 2010 as Detroit's top pick.
- Thursday's baseball roundup: Once a Tigers target, reliever Brian Wilson re-signs with Dodgers
- Bob Wojnowski: What's next for Tigers? It should be locking up Max Scherzer
- Tigers' Miguel Cabrera moving to first; Joaquin Benoit not expected back
- Fired-up Dave Dombrowski: Tigers did their 'homework' on Doug Fister deal
With two touchdowns against the Bears in Week 10, Calvin Johnson became the Lions' franchise leader in touchdown receptions, surpassing Herman
The hit HBO reality sports all-access series '24/7, Road to the Winter Classic,' began going full tilt covering the Red Wings (and in Toronto, the
Stuckey's four points was clearly his worst shooting outing of the season, but his value couldn't be quantified, outworking Bucks guard Gary Neal to
The possibility of a Rose Bowl appearance and the probability of a good party have Michigan State football fans traveling hundreds of miles to see
Mitch McGary tried to field questions following No. 22 Michigan's 79-69 loss to No. 10 Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Tuesday night.
Gussert is The Detroit News' No. 1 player in the state. She earned a spot on The News' Dream Team last year after averaging 32.
How did we get here? Why is Eastern Michigan football so awful that people want to get rid of it? Football solves all problems everywhere else. It
This isn't Big Ten football, which has been under constant criticism for being a weak conference on the national scene. This is Big Ten hockey, and
Woods said the death of Nelson Mandela was 'a sad day for many people,' especially those who had the chance to meet him. That moment was 15 years ago
- Thursday's golf roundup: Zach Johnson takes lead in World Challenge
- Sunday's golf roundup: Rory McIlroy wins Australian Open, thwarts Adam Scott's shot at Aussie Triple Crown
- Saturday's golf roundup: Adam Scott closing on in Australian Triple Crown
- Friday's golf roundup: Adam Scott leads at Australian Open
Once that Charlotte test is complete and NASCAR has a better grasp of its 2014 rules, the focus could be turned to other areas of the product: France
Latest Headlines Updated Dec 6, 2013 at 1:00 am
- At forum, students debate future of Eastern Michigan's football program 1:00 am
- Detroit News college football picks: Week 151:03 am
- Hardworking Calvin Johnson poised to soar past another big Lions record 1:00 am
- Heath Parling hopes to keep Grand Valley State's roll going for another week1:00 am
- Lions kicker David Akers vows to keep 'fighting' through struggles1:00 am
- MAC championship game: N. Illinois' Jordan Lynch goes from afterthought to Heisman candidate1:00 am
- MSU fans from across country converging in Indy to cheer Spartans to Big Ten title1:00 am
- Red Wings work to adjust to '24/7' cameras1:00 am
- Thursday's college football roundup: No. 19 Louisville cools off Cincinnati1:00 am
- Thursday's college hoops roundup: Michigan women roll past Virginia in Challenge1:00 am
- Thursday's NFL roundup: Chad Henne, Jaguars hand Texans 11th consecutive loss1:00 am
Detroit Red Wings
Sports on TV
Where to watch the big game in Metro Detroit
- 7 Arizona St. at DePaul, FS1
- 10 Kentucky vs. Baylor at Arlington, Texas, ESPN
- 8 MAC championship, Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois at Ford Field, ESPN2
- 7 Minnesota at Michigan State, FSD+
- 7:30 UMass at Notre Dame, NBCSN
- 5 Women’s College Cup, Virginia Tech vs. Florida State, ESPNU
- 7:30 Women’s College Cup, UCLA vs. Virginia, ESPNU
- 3 PGA World Challenge, GC
- Mid Euro. Hong Kong Open, GC
- 4 a.m. Saturday Nedbank Challenge, GC
- 7 Sault Ste. Marie at Plymouth, COM900
- 7:30 Denver at Boston, ESPN
- 10 L.A. Lakers at Sacramento, NBA
- 7 Detroit at New Jersey, FSD/97.1
- 8 Anaheim at Chicago, NHL
- 11:30a FIFA, World Cup Draw, ESPN2
- 10 USSA, Birds of Prey, NBCSN
FEATURED JOBS THIS WEEK
Get in the Game
More from The Detroit News
Seen in the Photo Store
Purchase Detroit News images of historic events, scenes, places and people.Go to the PhotoStore
The Detroit News Apps
Stay up to date on the go with the latest from The Detroit News apps
Our apps connect you with the best news, sports, auto and entertainment coverage from our team of award-winning journalists.