It's important to be responsible with your money, but sometimes you just have to indulge a special someone at the holidays — or even yourself. Have you ever wondered what crazy things you could buy if you had an extra $100 to spend on anything you wanted? The following 12 items — one each for the 12 days of Christmas — each cost about $100. They're outrageous, crazy, fun and maybe even a little helpful — even if the list doesn't include a partridge in a pear tree.
1. One pound of Wagyu beef: If you're a steak lover, treat yourself to what better be the best cut of beef you've ever tasted in your life. Wagyu is a breed of cattle that produces densely marbled beef. In fact, it's known as the "foie gras of beef."
2. Archery gear: If "The Hunger Games" has awakened a sudden interest in archery, you can purchase the Diamond Sub-Atomic Youth Build-a-Bow package from Bass Pro Shops for $99.99. This beginner package includes a bow riser, bow limbs, bow limb inserts, bow string, arrow rest, three arrows, assembly bolts and wrench, and a Diamond tattoo.
3. Remote control helicopter with built-in camera: Make your dream of owning a helicopter — albeit a toy one — a reality by purchasing the Odyssey Flying Toys 12-inch Nighthawk Helicopter with built-in camera on Amazon. Not only does it have a remote, this helicopter also features a video camera with an SD card slot. Additionally, it comes with an alloy structure, a 1 GB micro-SD card and a front spotlight.
4. 23andMe DNA kit: Purchase a DNA kit from 23andMe for $99 to learn more about your family heritage.
5. Suitjama set: Are you a fan of "How I Met Your Mother"? If so, you might remember when Barney Stinson donned these fancy pajamas, designed to resemble a suit. Perfect for occasions when you want to look distinguished while lounging around your home. The Suitjama set is priced at $89 and comes in navy blue, grey, black and purple.
6. Modal sheets: Indulge yourself in a blissful night's rest each and every time your head hits the pillow by purchasing Modal sheets from Bed Bath & Beyond. Modal is a high-strength fiber from the Beechwood trees of Europe, free of pesticides and toxins. Choose from a variety of colors, sizes, weaves and thread counts. Prices vary but can reach as high as $99.
7. Sonicare toothbrush: Treat your teeth to a professional grade cleaning everyday by purchasing the Sonicare HealthyWhite electric toothbrush set, available at Wal-Mart for $99.95. The Sonic technology in this tooth brush helps you clean hard-to-reach areas, and includes a sensitive mode that's gentle on gums. Included in the package is the Sonicare toothbrush handle, multi-voltage charger, a teeth whitening pen and $50 coupon for professional whitening.
8. Dartboard: Equip your game room or man cave with the Blade 4 Dual-Core Bristle Dartboard, available at Wal-Mart for $87.94. This regulation size bristle board features a new staple-free wiring system, has 50 percent thinner Dynamic Sector Wire to reduce bounce-outs and increase scoring potential, and is incredibly durable, with a long-life sisal base.
9. Bug-A-Salt gun: No matter how clean your house is and how much you try to keep them out, dirty flies always find a way to sneak in. Make this problem a thing of the past by purchasing the Bug-A-Salt. The shotgun contains regular table salt and all you have to do is fire it and the salt decimates flies on contact. Guns sell for $39.95.
10. Levitation device: Fascinated with floating objects? Purchase the Levitron Revolution with EZ Float technology for $99.99 and float nearly any object weighing up to 12 ounces. This is a great way to display small objects, such as collectibles or office supplies, in the most unique manner possible.
11. Five flocks of ducks: If you want to use $100 to make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate, purchase five flocks of ducks — at $20 per flock — from Heifer International. The ducks will be given to a family in poverty who can't afford to purchase food. Not a fan of ducks? You can also buy a flock of chicks for $20, rabbits for $60 or honeybees for $30.
12. Land in Scotland: For just roughly $78.44 American, you can purchase a 10 square-foot plot of land in Lochaber, which located in the Scottish Highlands. The property is the site of Highland Titles' Nature Reserve. You'll receive a certificate declaring you as a Laird, Lord or Lady of Glencoe and a variety of other fun gifts.
You can definitely make some pretty amazing purchases with $100. As long as you've covered all your monthly expenses, there's nothing wrong with splurging a bit on something fun, when you have the extra money in your bank account. However, take the time to think about it first, as $100 is a nice chunk of money — one you don't want to regret spending immediately.
Laura Woods writes for GOBankingRates.com, a personal finance news sites.