LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Toronto — Prosecutors say they have dropped an assault charge against Canadian pop star Justin Bieber in connection with an incident involving a Toronto limousine driver.

The charge withdrawn Monday stemmed from an early-morning incident late last December, when Bieber and five other people were picked up by a limousine from a Toronto nightclub.

Police alleged Bieber, 20, hit the limo driver several times in the back of the head.

Prosecutors said the charge was withdrawn because there was no reasonable prospect of conviction.

Bieber is due back in court later this month to fight new charges. His Toronto lawyer said last week that Bieber had been arrested for dangerous driving and assault following a collision between a minivan and an ATV that led to a physical altercation with a photographer.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Read or Share this story: http://detne.ws/1rTrCHM