Pasadena, Calif. — NBC’s top entertainment executive says the door is firmly shut to Bill Cosby’s return to the network.
In the wake of new and renewed allegations of sexual assault against Cosby, NBC executive Bob Greenblatt said Friday that it was “safe to say” NBC would never air a project with the comedian.
NBC had previously announced it was dropping its plans to develop a new sitcom with Cosby, whose “The Cosby Show” was a smash hit for the network 30 years ago.
Cosby’s planned return to NBC was announced last year, before the rising tide of accusations against Cosby by women claiming he drugged and assaulted them.
Meanwhile, Cosby is planning to perform in Colorado despite expected protests and a new allegation of sexual misconduct.
The comedian released a statement thanking his “courageous” fans and saying he’s ready to perform in Pueblo on Friday and in Denver on Saturday.
He finished his statement with references to his “Fat Albert” character’s trademark line and to his 2013 television special — “Hey, Hey, Hey — I’m Far From Finished.”
The 77-year-old comedian is facing sexual assault allegations from more than 15 women, with some claims dating back decades. He has denied the allegations through his lawyer and has never been charged.
In the most recent allegation, a model claimed Cosby drugged and sexually abused her at the Playboy Mansion in 2008.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.