LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Dearborn — A Tuesday morning fire in an office building’s electrical panel has left one man in serious condition with burns, Dearborn Fire Department officials said.

The fire broke out in the electrical room before 11 a.m. on the fourth floor of the Village Plaza office building, located on the corner of Michigan Avenue and Outer Drive, officials said.

“A worker was doing some work on the electrical panel,” said Dearborn Deputy Fire Chief Joey Thorington. “There was a small flash/fire. The worker is in serious condition.”

The man was the only one injured by the fire, he said.

Thorington added the fire was contained to just the room where the electrical panel is located.

Power was turned off in the building and the strip mall connected to it as a precaution, he also said.

cramirez@detroitnews.com

(313) 222-2058

Read or Share this story: http://detne.ws/1toLncc