6,300-plus stoves recalled after electrocution death

Associated Press

Portsmouth, N.H. — The federal Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced the voluntary recall of 6,300 electric stoves in connection with the electrocution death of a plumber last year.

The recall is for Blomberg and Summit electric ranges, which the commission says can become energized, posing electric shock and electrocution hazards. The recall notice states a screw wasn’t installed to secure the grounding strap during manufacturing.

The rangers were manufactured by Arçelik A.S. of Turkey. They were imported by Beko of Bolingbrook, Ill.

The announcement references the Aug. 2016, death of a 52-year-old New Hampshire plumber who was electrocuted while installing a dishwasher.

The stoves are described as Blomberg BERU 24200 SS, BERU 24100 SS and Summit CLRE24 24-inch wide freestanding glass top electric ranges that were sold in stainless steel and black.