SUBSCRIBE NOW
99¢ per month for 3 months
SUBSCRIBE NOW
99¢ per month for 3 months

Bob Seger announces ‘last time’ at the Palace

Adam Graham
The Detroit News

After selling out DTE Energy Music Theatre before tickets even went on sale to the general public, Bob Seger has announced a Sept. 23 concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. June 9 — if there are any left over after the pre-sale, that is. Members of Bob Seger’s Bullet Club fan club get a first crack at tickets beginning at 10 a.m. June 6.

Earlier this month, Seger and the Silver Bullet Band announced a Sept. 9 concert at DTE Energy Music Theatre, the former Pine Knob. Tickets for the show were due to go on sale to the general public on May 20, but all of the show’s tickets were snatched up during the pre-sale four days prior.

Memberships to Seger’s Bullet Club are available through the singer’s website, bobseger.com, and begin at $15.

A release announcing the show billed Seger’s appearance as his “last time” returning to the Palace.

The Palace concert — Seger’s 17th at the Auburn Hills venue — is currently the final show on the books for the Palace.

The fate of The Palace hasn’t been officially decided, but there is the expectation Detroit’s Little Caesars Arena will replace it as the top concert venue in the area, according to city of Detroit officials and representatives for both The Palace and Little Caesars Arena. The Detroit venue, being built now on the northern edge of downtown, is expected to host up to 75 concerts and other events a year, officials said. That’s in addition to the Pistons and Red Wings home games.

“While the future of The Palace has yet to be determined, an assumption of a total of 70-75 shows would be accurate,” at Little Caesars Arena, said Kevin Grigg, spokesman for Palace Sports & Entertainment, the firm that manages the Oakland County venue.

agraham@detroitnews.com

(313) 222-2284

@grahamorama