SUBSCRIBE NOW
$1 for 3 months. Save 97%.
SUBSCRIBE NOW
$1 for 3 months. Save 97%.

Grapevine: Seger show sells out (before tix go on sale)

Also news on Anthony Bourdain’s new Detroit documentary and Miley Cyrus

Adam Graham
The Detroit News

Seger DTE Energy tickets sells out during pre-sale

Tickets for BobSeger’s Sept. 9 concert at DTE Energy Music Theatre were scheduled to go on sale to the general public May 20, but that sale has effectively been canceled since all the available tickets to the concert were snatched up during the pre-sale, which was made available to members of Seger’s “Bullet Club” fan club. Those tickets went on sale Tuesday and were gone within hours, prompting Seger to announce on his website he was “working on securing another show in the area to help meet the overwhelming fan demand.” Details will be announced soon, according to the post. The Sept. 9 concert marks Seger’s 26th sold-out show at the former Pine Knob. The concert was announced May 11, after being teased on his website several days prior.

Bourdain, CNN team for Detroit documentary

Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain is producing a four-part historical documentary about Detroit for CNN, the network announced Wednesday. The project, which carries the working title “Detroit 1963: Once in a Great City,” will premiere in 2018. The series will chronicle Detroit “at its high point when their auto industry was the envy of the world and Motown ruled the airwaves,” according to a release from the network. Bourdain hinted about the project during a chat with The Detroit News last year, prior to his appearance at the Fox Theatre. “I am working on a very substantial, nonfiction project in Detroit,” he said. Bourdain, a noted champion of Detroit, taped a 2013 episode of his series “Parts Unknown” in the city. “I have a personal agenda about Detroit, I guess. It’s a city I really like and it irritates me that it doesn’t get enough attention and enough love,” Bourdain said. “Given any opportunity to talk up Detroit, or pay attention to it, I’m for it.”

Miley not up for ‘Hannah’ return

“Full House” came back, so did “Gilmore Girls.” “Arrested Development” just announced a fifth season, and “Twin Peaks” will return to TV this weekend. Nothing in TV land is dead anymore. So what about a return of “Hannah Montana,” the Disney series that launched Miley Cyrus to superstardom? As long as Miley’s got anything to say about it, “Hannah’s” time has passed. “(I) probably (wouldn’t do a Hannah Montana reboot),” she said during an interview with Zach Sang when asked if she would revive the show. “It’s a lot of time to be spent with my dad. You know, my dad was my dad on the show. I have enough dad time.” Miley’s new song, “Malibu,” was released last week.

agraham@detroitnews.com

Thursday’s birthdays

George Strait, 65

Chow Yun-Fat, 62

Tina Fey, 47