RECIPES: Fruit Recipes for the Holidays
The Detroit News
Fruit recipes for holidays, festive fruit, sweet dishes for your holiday table
- Here are some ways to jazz up holiday meals with fruit:
- Throw diced apples into your stuffing to add moisture and flavor.
- Cut lemons or oranges into quarters and stuff them inside a chicken to give extra flavor.
- Fill the bottom of a roasting pan with chunks of apples, onions, potatoes or other root vegetables. Place ham or turkey on top and bake.
- Make fruit glazes for meats. Mix two parts jam or jelly to one part chicken or beef stock and cook it down, stirring constantly, to a glaze consistency.
- Chop fruit to whip up chutney, which makes a great dip or topping for meats and sandwiches.
- Replace part of the butter or oil in baked goods with applesauce to decrease the fat content.
- To dress up salads, toss in fresh, canned or dried fruit, along with nuts and cheese, if desired.
Log in for some recipes!