Relax with your favorite bathing style
- Effervescence feels like soaking in a glass of champagne
- Whirlpool creates fast-moving water
- Bubble massage offers small to larger-size bubbles
Dear Ed: We have a large shower area in our bathroom and I want to convert that space into a beautiful bathing area. I have chosen the style and size of the new tub, but need choices as the hydrotherapy options. Can you please give me some basic bathing choices with some of your thoughts on each?
— Shelly, Illinois
Dear Shelly: In today's hurry-up world, it's nice to hear that many people still enjoy a relaxing bath over a shower only area. With modern soaking tubs, you do have some wonderful hydrotherapy options. Hydrotherapy simply means the type of relaxing water treatments available for your bathing tub. Here are four of my favorites:
1. Whirlpool: Creates a fast moving powerful targeted water massage.
2. Effervescence: This tiny bubble air bath feels like you're soaking in a glass of champagne.
3. Bubble massage: Small to larger-size fast-moving bubbles that create an invigorating but gentle massage.
4. Acoustic vibration: A new type of bathing therapy where you can hear and actually feel musical sound waves through the water to relax the mind and body.
Final note: You can even combine different therapies in one fixture, proving that the good old bathtub is far from being washed up.
Master Contractor/Plumber Ed Del Grande is known internationally as the author of the book "Ed Del Grande's House Call," the host of TV and Internet shows, and a LEED green associate. Visit eddelgrande.com or write email@example.com. Always consult local contractors and codes.