Hobbies: Let dreams take flight with bat mobiles
Kick off fall by decorating for Halloween! This way, you and the kids will have plenty of time to enjoy the creepy-cool ambience.
Suspend these over the dining table, in your kids’ rooms — anywhere in need of a little flutter overhead.
Three 14-inch wood embroidery hoops
Black acrylic paint
Heavy-duty black thread
Double-sided tacky tape (we used Aleene’s)
Removable adhesive hooks (optional)
1. Set aside the outer rings of the hoops. Paint the inner rings black; let dry.
2. Interlock the rings into a globe; secure with thread.
3. Following our template at familyfunmag.com/printables, cut out six pairs of 3 1/2-inch single bat wings and 14 pairs of 3-inch single wings from cardstock.
4. To make one complete bat: Add tape to the straight edges of a pair of wings. Stick one to the outside of a hoop and the other to the inside. Place 3 to 4 bats on each spoke.
5. Hang from a light fixture or suspend from the ceiling.