Hobbies: Faux marble coffee mug is a statement piece
Looking for a fun, easy and chic DIY? Well look no further! Transform your white coffee mug into a one-of-a-kind statement piece. Here’s a super easy technique that will transform it with a trendy faux marble look.
■White ceramic mug
■Aluminum pan (disposable)
■Nail polish remover
1. Take your disposable aluminum pan and add at least 2 inches of warm water.
2. Now is the fun part! Take your nail polish and drizzle it over the top of the surface of the water. Feel free to use as many colors as you want.
3. Quickly, take your toothpick and swirl the nail polish to create a marble look. (You will need to move swiftly before the nail polish begins to harden and clump together).
4. Now take your mug, dip it into the water and rotate it to create a marbleized look on the surface of your piece.
5. Pull your cup out of the water and let it air dry.
6. Once it’s dry, it is ready to use!
Note: For best results, hand wash your mug.
Dena Fishbein is the designer and artist behind many home, gift and paper products found at your favorite stores. To ask her how to embellish anything, visit her blog at denadesigns.com.