Design Recipes: Get warm and cozy with fall colors
When thinking of fall colors, perhaps red, yellow and orange come to mind. Whether traditional hues or tints, tones and shades, if you are looking to bring a sense of warmth and coziness to your space, using warm fall colors is a great place to start.
Looking for ways to bring fall colors into your decor? Here are some top tips.
1. Think outside the box. Whether it’s a kitchen handle, cabinetry or fixtures, colored finishes can be a way to infuse warmer tones.
2. Mix and match. When it comes to colors, it’s OK to mix and match different tints, tones, shades and patterns.
3. Consider finishes such as brass and copper when looking to add warmth.
4. Infuse accessories in warm colors such as toss pillows and decorative home accents such as books or small accessories.
5. Look for opportunities to integrate warm colors through artwork.
6. Consider colors that have warm undertones such as certain purples and blues.
7. Bring pops of warm color in otherwise neutral spaces.
8. Use color in unexpected areas of the home such as kitchens and bathrooms.
9. Pair warm colors with neutral color palettes such as taupe, white, black and brown.
Cathy Hobbs, based in New York City, is an Emmy Award-winning television host and a nationally known interior design and home staging expert with offices in New York City, Boston and Washington, D.C. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her website at www.cathyhobbs.com .