News@noon: A weekend to remember
Today is Friday, May 27, 2016, and Memorial Day weekend is upon us:
We know you're probably planning to spend your weekend with friends or family or traveling, so you won't have much time to spend reading news. So here's a quick version of what you need to know:
Children at risk
Detroit on display
- Some 4,000 miles away, in a European city renowned for its old-world architecture and ancient canals, an exhibit about Detroit is sparking some international curiosity.
- Reporters from at least a dozen nations swarmed the Venice Architecture Biennale 2016 on Thursday, the first day that media got a look at an event that’s considered the Oscars of the architecture and design world.
Eminem's ex in court
- Attempts to throw out evidence and dismiss the drunken driving case against Eminem’s ex-wife have been denied by a judge.
Remembering the bombs
The weekend ahead
- If you've got some time off, you might be looking for something to do this weekend. You can catch a movie: new this weekend are "Alice Through the Looking Glass," "X-Men: Apocalypse," "The Lobster" and "Love and Friendship"
- The Movement Festival is also this weekend! Here are the acts, which vary from the newest artists to the founders of Detroit techno.
- It's also a good time to get some work around the house done. Fix up your deck for summer. Get the garden going. Just be careful of rain.
Memorial Day must-knows
We'll be here keeping you updated on all the news you need over the holiday weekend at detroitnews.com. Get even more updates on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (@detroitnews), Snapchat (Search for "Detroitnews") and LinkedIn.